chapter sixteen

A week passed since the pack found out about Allison, or the thing that was possessing Allison's body. It made Blair feel sick to her stomach. She couldn't believe that something would be so cruel and possess the body of an old member of the pack just because it's fun. The thing thought that this whole entire situation was fun. 

Blair sat at a coffee shop, waiting for Liam to arrive. She was stirring her straw around in her glass of green tea and had an uneaten sandwich in front of her. Liam wasn't late, Blair was just early. She had to get out of her house, especially since her parents were yelling at her because her GPA dropped from a three point nine to a three point seven. 

The door opened and Liam walked in, smiling as he saw Blair. "You're here early. I was planning to be the one to show up early."

"I came early since I had nothing else to do." Blair shrugged, "How's Scott? The last time I saw him he was close to tears."

"As far as I know, him and Lydia have been staying quiet. Stiles hasn't been in the best mood either and Derek, well, he's still being Derek." Liam explained and Blair nodded.

"So, that thing... it wasn't actually Allison, right?" Blair asked. She knew it was an outrageous question, but after finding out the truth about Beacon Hills, Blair didn't know what to believe and what not to believe.

Liam shook his head, "No, not at all. I never knew Allison since she... passed away before I met Scott. I don't know too much about the situation, but I do know that Allison was Scott's first love and was Lydia's best friend."

"From what I know, she sort of died a warrior's death. I mean, she was fighting the Oni, whoever they are, and they were suppose to be impossible to kill but she managed to kill one. She died because they were scared of her. I think if someone dies that way, it's not entirely bad. Allison died loved but she also died feared because of how powerful of a fighter she was." Blair said, trying to make sense with what she knew. Blair knew about Stiles being an ancient demon and she knew about the Oni. She knew that Allison died trying to save Lydia and Stiles, but also died because the Oni was scared of what she could do. If anyone were to die, Blair thought that would be a peaceful way to die.

"This topic is getting depressing." Liam sighed, "Let's talk about something else."

"Like what?" Blair asked.

Liam shrugged, "I don't know, anything but this subject because it's getting sad. Um... how did you and Brooklyn meet?"

"Oh, so you want to talk about my ex best friend instead?" 

"Right." Liam nodded, "Touchy subject, I get it. Okay, then... I don't know."

"Great conversation. Really, this is just intriguing." Blair laughed, "How about this, we don't know each other too well so let's get to know each other more. I'll ask first." Blair stated, and thought for moments as she came up with a question, "Who's your favorite superhero?"

"Superman. Definitely Superman. Who's yours?"

"Black Widow." Blair replied, "If I am being honest, I was Black Widow for Halloween last year and Brooklyn was Jessica Jones."

"What?" Liam asked, "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious." Blair nodded. She began laughing, and mainly laughing at herself. Blair and Brooklyn called them selves the 'superhero duo' during Halloween Night, but it was one of the best nights of Blair's life.

"I can picture you being a superhero, but Brooklyn? I cannot see that."

"Well it happened. I even have photos of last Halloween on my phone." Blair smiled.

"I need to see those one day. Okay, what-"

Liam's question was cut off by the sound of Blair's phone ringing. She dug it out of her pocket and showed the contact to Liam, "Stiles?" He asked with a confused look on his face.

Blair shrugged and answered the phone. She began to speak, but was soon cut off by Stiles frantic voice, "You need to come to Derek's loft right now. We found out who the alpha is."

-------------

Who do you guys think the alpha is??

Nine Lives only has about nine chapters left and an epilogue. I'm determined to finish it before I start school, which is one August 27th. I want to finish most of my fanfictions before I start school. 

So thank you all for reading and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! (Remember to check out Blair's outfit on my polyvore which is 'teenwxlves' and who wants a double update?)