chapter eight

The night of the full moon came all too soon. Blair was nervous, confused, and scared. She didn't know what her life had come to and for the past few weeks, she was trying to ignore the thought that she was a weird and unnatural creature. A new side of her would be unleashed tonight that she hasn't even seen before and Blair didn't know if she was okay with that. Blair still didn't know if she came to terms with the fact she was a werelion but everyone in the pack felt like it was a completely normal thing. Scott told her that Liam was way worse with this all and that he was surprised how calm Blair was. For her, this explained all the weird things that happened in Beacon Hills. It explained who so many people died and why most of those deaths were from "animal attacks". It also explained why she's seen a life sized lizard walking through her street at night once.

One of the many things that scared Blair about this was how would Brooklyn react or if Blair was going to keep this secret forever. At one point, Brooklyn would have to find out but this wasn't one of those things were you can text your friend and say 'oh by the way, I got bit by a werewolf after your party and became a werelion because apparently the shape you take represents the person you are'. Blair didn't even know if there was an easy way to say it in person. 

Blair was chained in Lydia's boathouse. Liam was in Scott's car listening to music while Kira, Lydia, and Malia were all stationed at the possible exits that Blair could take if she broke loose. Scott and Stiles would stay with Blair in case anything bad happened. She had more than a dozen chains around her and felt more awake as the night went on. Stiles had a metal baseball bat with him in case Blair tried to attack and the thought of getting hit with a metal baseball bat did somewhat scare Blair.

"How are you feeling?" Scott turned around and faced Blair. She shrugged.

"Like I can barely move."

"Good, that's good." Scott replied.

"You know, I still can't believe there's a such thing as a werelion. What's next? A werespider? If there's a werespider then I'm taking the next plane to Mars." Stiles said. He gripped the baseball bat in his hands as he saw Blair's brown eyes turn to an amber with a mix of golden color.

Blair couldn't control herself. She felt powerful and everything Malia said was right. Blair didn't feel like herself. She didn't feel like the usual responsible girl who watched after her best friend and would freak out if she got a bad grade. She didn't know what she felt like, but it was something new.

"Those chains will be able to hold her, right?" Stiles asked.

"They didn't hold Liam." Scott replies than Scott and Stiles look at each other in panic.

Blair broke through the chains and Scott fought her first. She easily knocked him to the ground. Stiles immediately went to go help his best friend, but also tried to take a swing at Blair and missed. Scott and Stiles ran after Blair as she went through the woods and unknowingly made her way back to town.

Liam saw Scott and Stiles shouting at each other while running and Liam sighed. It was like freshmen year all over again for him. Liam heard someone coming then turned around, seeing another alpha. He screamed and jumped to the front seat of Stiles jeep as the alpha tried to make his way inside. Liam started the car and called Lydia, Kira, and Malia. He warned them all about another alpha and told them to lock themselves in the lake house. Liam finally managed to start Stiles car and began driving off to find them.

~-~-

Blair was running through the woods and knew that Scott and Stiles were miles behind her. She didn't even know where she was. It was all just forest and Blair could only see because her seeing was better in the dark. She heard the howl of an alpha and fell to the ground. Blair turned back into herself again. As she got back up, just a few feet away from her was an alpha. But it wasn't Scott. The alpha's back was turned to her and she could barely see what it looked like.

"Are you the one that bit me?" Blair asked. She wanted to step closer, but was also scared to at the same time. "How come you never reached out to me? From what Scott said, an alpha is suppose to stay with their beta. Stay with their pack."

"You're better off with the other alpha. With the true alpha." Blair couldn't identify the voice and watched as the one who bit her ran off deeper into the forest.

"Great." Blair sighed, "Now I'm also lost in the middle of the woods."

She ran through the woods until reaching the road. Blair recognized the road as the one that was taken down to Lydia's lakehouse. She was stuck by herself for about five minutes until seeing with Scott and Stiles.

"You didn't kill anyone, did you?" Stiles asked.

"No, but I somewhat met the werewolf who bit me." Blair informed.

"Who was it?" Scott questioned

Blair shrugged, "It's back was turned to me and the voice sounded like it was masked. All the alpha told me was that I'm better off with the true alpha."

The sound of a car stopped the conversation and everyone looked down the street, seeing Stiles jeep speeding. The jeep slowed down and parked in front of the group of three.

"Hi." Liam waved.

"Dude, why are you in my jeep?" Stiles asked.

"An alpha tried attacking me." Liam informed.

"Great." Blair said.

"And what about Lydia? Is she okay?"

"Lydia isn't too far away from us. Malia and Kira are in her car and they're also driving back to Beacon Hills." Liam explained to Stiles. Scott and Stiles got back inside the car and Liam sat in the back seat with Blair. She crossed her arms and the scene of her talking to the wolf who bit her kept replaying in her mind. It was impossible not to think about.

"So." Liam said as he took out both of his headphones, "Would now be a bad time to ask you to prom?"

-----------------

Yay Blair survived her first full moon! Who do you guys think the alpha is?

Remember to go on my polyvore and check out Blair's outfit for this chapter. My username is 'teenwxlves'.

Thank you all for reading!