chapter three

The drive to Brooklyn's house took less than twenty minutes and was filled with silence. Blair parked on the side of Brooklyn's lawn and watched as Liam's facial expression changed when he got out of the car. Brooklyn's house was blasting with Flo Rida's 'Going Down For Real' song while multi colored strobe lights flashed throughout the house. It was easy to smell (and see) the thick and sweaty air from almost all of the Beacon Hill students fathered into Brooklyn's large house.

"What?" Blair asked, "You've never been to one of Brooklyn Vaughn's parties?"

Liam shook his head, "I've heard of them, but never have been to them."

"Now you can see why I try avoiding them." Blair laughed as she took Liam's hand to navigate him through the house. The first thing Blair did was look for Brooklyn. During parties, Blair made sure to keep on eye on her best friend because Brooklyn always got in some type of trouble. Blair found Brooklyn dancing on her kitchen table with a few other people. After finding Brooklyn, Blair led Liam outside to the backyard where there was only a group of kids swimming in Brooklyn's pool. Liam sat on one of the lawn chairs and Blair sat next to him.

"Does Brooklyn have a reputation for throwing the best parties in Beacon Hills?" Liam questioned.

Blair nodded in reply, "Ever since Lydia Martin graduated high school."

Lydia Martin has always been known to throw the best parties in Beacon Hills and Blair always threw the second best ones. Now with Lydia Martin off to college, Brooklyn finally got the title of the best party thrower and it was a title Brooklyn was waiting for.

"All of the other girls from your cheer team are off getting drunk or dancing on tables. Why aren't you? Especially since your best friend basically lives to have parties." Liam asked.

The question caused Blair to laugh. She always got asked that but she supposed that it made sense. She really wasn't the typical Beacon Hills Cheerleader. "Because that's the type of person that I am. I got raise to be very uptight and mature. Yes, I may be popular but that's only because my best friend is Brooklyn Vaughn and I made co-captain of the cheer team as a freshman."

"You were the youngest one? Kind of like Scott McCall being the youngest captain of the lacrosse team." Liam said, making the comparison.

Blair knew about the famous Scott McCall. He went to be an unpopular person with only one friend to being the captain of the lacrosse team and became friends with the popular kids like Lydia Martin and Jackson Whittemore. "Did you know him?"

Liam shrugged, "He sprained my ankle and bit me."

"What?" Blair questioned.

"Yeah, I'm friends with him." Liam said as he tried to cover up his previous response and Blair rolled her eyes but decided to drop the subject.

"And what about you?" Blair then asked, "All of your lacrosse teammates are also getting drunk and dancing on tables with the cheerleaders."

"Like you, I am not that type of person and plus I am here with you. " Liam replied.

Blair nodded. Liam wasn't that bad, she was expecting tonight being a train wreck waiting to happen. He definitely wasn't acting like the same egoistic and odd person in the boys locker room when Blair first met him. Liam's phone rang and he sighed, picking it up.

"What?" Liam asked, "Now? But I'm at a party. Fine, okay."

"What's going on?" Blair questioned.

"I gotta go, I'm sorry. I'll see on Monday?"

"Sure."

Blair watched as Liam ran out of the backyard. She didn't have any clue what he had to do but she closed her eyes and leaned back in the chair. The music was loud and gave her a headache. An hour and a half passed and she already wanted to go home. With Liam gone, she decided that she probably should check up on Brooklyn again to make sure her best friend wasn't getting herself into anything that she would deeply regret in the morning.