Part 9

Chapter 8

My head pounded against the fragile structures of my skull while my hands trembled like the ground during an earthquake. I couldn't sit still; my mind too occupied with its rampant thoughts.

Scott was on his way to fetch me and thankfully my mother had already left my apartment.

Once I had finally got rid of my mother, the only thing left for me to do was to prepare myself for the date. Though I had two hours in which to do it, I still felt incredibly unprepared. I wanted so badly to feign illness but then my mind would conjure up a tempting image of Scott's soul penetrating green eyes, and suddenly my body would be consumed by a tornado of guilt. As scared as I was of going on a date with Scott, I was far more intrigued by the idea of it.

I didn't need to wait long for Scott. He was on time and I appreciated his punctuality. I heard the knock on the door and it was as though the sound had triggered my trembling.

I hated being nervous; the knot in my stomach made my entire body stiff with unease. I took a quick breath and opened the door. What I hadn't anticipated was the view of Scott. He stood tall and confident in a form fitting suit; his golden hair gelled neatly to the left. The sleek silver of his suit jacket squeezed at his waist and seemed to highlight the contours of his body, showing of the muscles I knew laid underneath. His eyes were alive with excitement and that jaw dropping smirk of his was back in place.

That wasn't all though. I gulped and watched as he carefully handed me two long stemmed flowers that with their unique colouring and shape, was absolutely beautiful.

"These are called Birds of Paradise," Scott referred to the plants I held in my hand. "Did you know they represent magnificence? It's also used to symbolise anticipation and excitement." Scott grinned and my mouth dried.

I gave him a weak and awkward smile as I stepped back for him to enter my apartment. "They're lovely. Let me put them in a vase and then we can be on our way."

Scott nodded and followed me. I quickly found a vase and carefully laid the strange plants in the water. They really were beautiful. It was the strange almost tongue like shape and spiked hair look that made it beautiful. It really did look like a birds head, though I was the contrasting yellows and oranges that added to its simple beauty.

I had loved the gesture but my mind still struggled with the meaning. What was Scott anticipating would come of the date? My stomach churned at the thought that Scott might be more invested in the date than I.

"Are you ready to go?" Scott's soft voice infiltrated my thoughts and my body instantly relaxed. I turned to face him and frowned.

"I didn't realise before but you're dressed awfully formal for a dinner date."

He grinned, "I wanted to dress to impress. Did I pass?"

I ignored his comment and looked down at my body. I wore a simple blue lace dress that flowed freely against my knees. I loved how it made me feel equal parts feminine and comfortable. The only issue was with how simple it looked. If Scott were taking me somewhere high - end and expensive, then my dress was not appropriate. In fact I was sure I owned nothing appropriate for that sort of environment.

"What's wrong?" Scott had asked.

"I'm not dressed right."

I listened as his feet had pad lightly across the floor and then I felt his fingers carefully touch my chin. He slowly lifted my head up to meet his gaze head on. His eyes had dimmed down to a soft green that had a hint of concern lurking in the corners. His face no longer had a smirk but instead he wore a cautious smile.

Love Definedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें