Chapter Twenty Four- Coming Clean

Chapter Twenty Three

The fierce wind blew my hair all over the place as the rain hit my body roughly, causing shivers to erupt throughout. I rubbed my arms using the palms of my hands as I tried keeping warm. My feet carried me down the long, darkened street at a fast pace, rushing to get home and get sheltered; These wet clothes weren't helping me stay warm at the moment. 

I looked around and to the sides and through the windows, Examining the large numbers of people sitting in the various restaurants and cafes as I continued walking, The rain only getting rougher as the seconds slowly passed. I looked down at my feet, playing with my thumbs as I felt a tall figure hovering over me. My head rose as I made physical contact with a muscular male, colliding with him causing me to stumble backwards. I struggled keeping my balance for a few seconds as I used his arms to help me. 

“I’m so sorry.” I spoke, my eyes adjusting to the harsh rain, my vision turning slowly from blurry to clear. “That was totally my fault, I’m such a klutz.” 

“No, It’s my fault.” The familiar, raspy voice spoke. 

“Harry? I questioned the stranger blinking a few times. 

“Oh, Hey.” He faked a smile. “How are you doing?” 

“Great.” I lied. “How are you?” 

“I’m doing well, Thanks.” He replied quietly, nodding his head; His familiar curly locks moving with him. “It’s pouring rain, How are you getting home?” 

“Walking, I guess.” I replied. 

“No you’re not. Come on, I’m driving.” Grabbing my arm he jogged away taking me with him to the direction of his car. 

Not awkward at all... Right ? I was just casually carrying his child in my stomach who he didn’t even know about.. umm.. 

I sat down in his car in the passengers seat, stroking my wet hair with my nails, Currently trying my best to avoid starting a conversation. It’s not everyday that you sit in your ex boyfriends car and let him drive you home. 

I glanced over at him for a few seconds, His concentration all on the road ahead of us. 

I looked at him thoroughly, his curls, his lips, his emerald green eyes.. Everything I loved was right here beside me - So close, yet just so far away and out of reach. I was the one who told him that there was someone else in my life, I was the one that broke up with him; why would he ever want a selfish loser like me in his life again? 

I reached for the stereo, turning up the volume to the BBC Radio 1 channel as they played the most downloaded songs of the week. ‘When I was your man’ by Bruno Mars began to play, the soft tune of the song making me relax and I turned it up just a little louder. I watched closely as Harry’s hands quickly darted towards the button beside the volume changing the radio station. ‘Die Young’ by Kesha started playing as Harry nodded his head, pretending like he enjoyed the song. Something was up.. 

“Sorry,” He mumbled. “Don’t like that song.” 

Was he thinking about me? Thinking that he should have tried harder to keep me with him rather then have me go with the ‘someone else’ I told him about in the hospital when we broke up? It broke my heart to see him like that, to see his face drop as that song started playing. Louis was right... No one could hurt him more then I already have. 

Sitting here, all I wanted to do is just jump up and tell him how I missed him and I guess the past events with Greg was the only thing keeping me from doing so.