Chapter Fifteen---The Beach and New Fears Discovered Part 2

Yay! Pic of Miku, and the song.....surprise lullaby. I know a lot of people use this song, and that is because it is beautiful and flawless. I'm sorry that I took forever to update, by the way. On with the story!

__________________________________________________

Haruhi and I sat in the room given to us by Kyouya, and sat quietly. I was still a bit upset about the whole argument. My ribs were incredibly bruised, but I was keeping that to myself because I noticed the stormy skies outside. There would no doubt be a thunderstorm soon, and I worried about my sister. I frowned in thought and watched as she sat by the window, awaiting the storm. I saw her body begin to shake in anticipation; I knew she was terrified of what was to come. I finished changing into my black, bunny hoodie, and black pajama short shorts; my glasses sat on the bridge of my small nose. I looked at Haruhi's shaking form one more time before walking over to the same window seat, sitting down, and pulling her into my arms. She immediately clung to me.

*Flashback*

When we were little, I hadn't known Haruhi was afraid of thunderstorms until we were about 10 years old. A storm had come, and in my ignorance, I had gone to bed without checking on Haruhi. I woke in the middle of the night and thought it strange that my sister wasn't in her bed, so I got up and looked for her. I found her curled up in a blanket under the coffee table, crying out at every loud noise the storm made. I immediately beat myself up for leaving her alone, and ran to her form.

"Haruhi?" I called softly," Are you alright?"

Her strong voice had been reduced to a low, trembling sound," I'm ok. J-just go b-back to slee-eep."

I remembere getting so angry at her for not telling me what I already knew now, and for telling me in her own way that she didn't need my help," No. You're scared, Haru. You need me, and I'm not leaving until you feel safe!"

She didn't say anything to me, she just stayed beneath the table and shook. I sighed and wondered what I could do for her. What was I supposed to do? What did I do when I was alone and scared? Back when I still lived with my mom and she would leave me alone for hours at a time, I would get really scared because no one was there for me. Whenever I was alone, even at such a young age, my thoughts would churn and I was scared that I was alone all the time because mom didn't want me. When those thoughts got overwhelming, I would sing to myself. The songs were little things that I made up, but there was one that worked even when nothing else did.

So, little me grabbed little Haruhi from her hiding spot and enveloped her in my skinny arms, stroked her hair and sang.

*End of Flash back*

I came back to the present when I felt Haruhi jerk against my chest at the sound of rain falling. I winced in pain, but pushed it away. I ran my fingers through her hair and began humming the intro to the lullaby me and Haruhi knew so well. At the sound of the song, Haruhi's body relaxed and her grip on my hoodie laxed a bit. (Start Music Video).

I remember tears streaming down you face 

When I said," I'll never let you go."

When all those shadows almost killed your light                                                                                      

I remember you said," Don't leave me here alone."

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Haruhi let her grip on me go, but she stayed on me body, face pressed into my chest. I brought my hand up and the side of her face, letting my thumb caress her cheek and dried the damp area.