Chapter Twenty-Seven: Of Knights and Weirdos

I do want to apologize deeply for not updating in so long. A lot of stuff has happened with my technology that made updating impossible. I finally have some time and a new laptop, so I should be updating more often. I know some of the dialogue is off or whatever, but who cares? This is my variation of the anime. Bwahah I have the power!! Proceed with caution!

It had been a couple weeks since my dance showcase (I passed with the highest grade in the class) and things were starting to become crazy around school again. Some cultural festival was going on and the students were in a tizzy over everything. Supposedly, there were other rich schools that were coming to view Ouran and everyone wanted to impress. Even the Host Club, who were doing a cosplay day - medieval times.

"I. Feel. Ridiculous," I ground out between clenched teeth.

"Nonsense," Tamaki dismissed from the other side of the dressing room," My daughter is too beautiful to look ridiculous."

Ok, that was kind of sweet.

"Hurry up, Miss Miku," came Kyouya's oh-so soothing voice (sarcasm)," We have other things to do than wait for you to get over your self-esteem issues."

"Dirty bastard."

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing, Kyo."

I took one last look at the outfit they stuck me in. I was supposed to be some kind of princess. The dress was almost too big to function in. My torso was being held in a gold and silver beaded corset that made it so hard to breathe. My sleeves exposed my shoulders and fell loose to my knuckles. The skirt was also a beautiful dark gold, but it was so heavy, I had to use all my body weight just to move correctly. The twins had managed to curl and pin up my wild hair and it was stuck in an elegant up-do while my face was heavy with the make-up of that time. Ridiculous.

"Mi-chan, you look so pretty!" Hunni gushed while squeezing his bunny.

"My little girl looks so mature! Stay by Daddy's side and never grow up!"

"Wow, we did a good job, Hikaru."

"I know what you mean, Kaoru. Did you see her before?"

My cheeks puffed out in defiance and I was going to snap at them when I felt a warm, calloused hand gently cup my skinny shoulder," You look beautiful, Miku."

With flaming cheeks, I nodded sweetly at the handsome giant," You look good too. I mean, armor is a good choice."

The boys were all decked out in full suits of armor decorated with their specific colors. Except for Hikaru and Kaoru who were pages of some sort? And you know who wasn't dressed up at all, Haruhi.

"Why doesn't Haruhi have to dress up in something dumb?" I asked while glaring at her," I would much rather be in my uniform than this."