Chapter Eight---Confrontations and No One Said A Word

Just a heads up, I'm going to skip the third episode because...well because I say so. I will make reference to it though. The next few chapters follow the fourth episode, but it is also mixed in with a made up Miku episode. It's going to be a bad few days for Miku and she makes a song about it which is the one I posted. I suggest playing the song while you read. It sets the tone. And sorry if Renge seems like a total jealous beezie, but it had to be done.

__________________________________________________________________                                                                               

As soon as I was aware that I was awake, I knew today was going to be a bad day. I glanced over to the clock to see that it was only three in the morning and then I glanced at the calendar. Yep, it was that day again. I rolled over and lay still, contemplating whether I would attend school today. I suppose I should because if I didn't do my hostess duties, Kyouya and Tamaki would have a fit. I sighed deeply before heading over to Haruhi's bed. I stood beside her bedside hesitantly before pulling back the cover and snuggling up beside her. For the past 12 years, on this day, I would be extra clingy to Haruhi. I needed the human comfort she gave me, it helped me through the day. I lazily shut my eyes and drifted back to sleep

I held my sister's hand on the way to school and kep silent. I usually didn't talk on this day; it was by choice, I just didn't want to converse with anyone, but I guess I would have to for my hostess duties. Haruhi squeezed my hand tighter as we entered the school and made our way to class. The twins greeted us cheerily when we entered, but I merely ignored them and took out my journal so I could write the lyrics on my mind. Throughout class, the gingers tried everything to get my attention; they pulled my ponytail, spit wads of wet paper at me, and threw constant notes my way, but my focus was for my book. 

"Come on, Miku," Hikaru pleaded to me after class,"Why are you being so cold?"

"Did we do something?" Kaoru asked with a little more compassion.

I shook my head and gripped Haruhi's hand again for comfort as we headed to the Host Club. When we entered the Music Room, my sister lead me to Kyouya,"Kyouya-sempai, can Miku host with me today?"

The bespectacled boy gave me a curious if not concerned look when he saw how distant I seemed,"I suppose that is fine. Miku, I don't know what is going on, but try to be charming."

I sent him a blank look before heading to Haruhi's station where her girls and some of my new customers waited. Hosting was all a blur to me and all I remember were the quiet comments on how adorable I was when I was lost in my thoughts. I think Haruhi covered well for me. I didn't even notice when our customers left and Haruhi grabbed me to walk around. I was very unaware of my surroundings and before I knew it, sweets were stuffed into my arms. This was such a weird day.

"You two are the cutest," I heard the twins drawl in my ear.

"Being able to cry without the help of eyedrops is the mark of a true host," Tamaki's voice reached my ears,"Do I impress you? Have you fallen for me?"

I had no idea what the hell was going on, but I'm sure it was for the best,"What about you, Miku? Have you fallen for me?" The king's hands cupped my face.

My eye twitched,"Get off me."

He began sashaying around dramatically,"My romantic overtures don't seem to be reaching you two for some reason. Maybe I need to add a little more panash to my character."

The sound of the door creaking open caused us all to turn around, me a little slower than the others. A girl stood in the doorway, shyly leaning against the threshold and looking in at us. The twins took this time to try and charm the girl. They appeared before her and held a rose while trying to persuade her to come in. Tamaki had enough and pushed them aside.