2

Samantha

I pushed my hair back as I walked out the room to where my mother was . She had me get up and dressed very nice to have brunch with some people . I don't know who these people may be but I know for sure that they are important .

" Don't you look beautiful " my mother spoke looking me over . She motion me to spin and I did a full 360 .

Don't worry about anything beautiful

I stopped as those words played in my head . My mother looked at me and I straighten up hiding my emotion behind the fact that I was thinking about him

" let's go meet our friends " she spoke and took my arm as we walked. I had to ride with her instead of driving my own car .

Once in the car she headed off towards the restaurant . " Mom who are we meeting ?" I asked her and she glanced at me . " Friends that's all you are going to know " she tells me and that's where the conversation stop .

We arrived at the restaurant and got out . As usual I'm making sure I'm presentable for our guest . We both walked in and I looked around scanning the people here . Mother led me straight to the back where a woman and boy sat.

" Marisa this is my daughter Samantha " my mother spoke introducing me and I smiled sitting down . " nice to meet you and this is my son , Brian " Marisa spoke snd I looked over to see her son smirking at me .

He was cute but he wasn't Demario cute.

We ate a while and chit chatted before the real reason surfaced . " You'll make a wonderful wife " Brian spoke and I choked on my egg coughing . Wife !?

" excuse me?" I question and he smiled leaning up to me to which I moved back from . " Your going to be my wife" he spoke and my eyes wandered to a face I began to like , who was burning holes in Brian .

" No I will not be your wife " I spoke and I felt my mother look at me , I will not be in no arranged marriage with someone I do not like . " And why not?" He asked his eye twitching a bit .

" I'm not ready nor am I in love with you"

In a quick moment he lunged at me and I screamed along with others but I moved by someone and Brian was in a hold . He tried to attack me ! My mother was going to arrange me to marry someone who was likely to hurt me .

" I don't appreciate that you try to attack this beautiful lady " Demario spoke as I stood behind him . I shook silently as Demario dropped Brian and turn to me . " You alright ?" He asked I nodded as my lip began to quiver .

I look and my mother was gone . How dare she do this to me ? Demario grabbed my hand and lead me out . By evening I knew from the looks that I would be the new talk .

Demario opened the passenger side and I got in . I watch him jog to the driver side and get in . He started up the car up and started driving out the parking lot . I stared at my hands shaking slightly .

" I got you " he spoke taking my hand and squeezing it . My hand closed around his and I squeezed his hands . I didn't have a clue as to where we are going or where he was taking me .

I looked around and saw a park but it was secluded . I watch him park and get out before coming to my side opening the door . I took his hand and got out .

" what is this place?" I asked him and he looked at me with a smile . " a place to think be free and have no worries " he spoke and started walking but at a pace for me to be beside him , which I like .

" it's beautiful " I spoke looking around at this forest / park. It was magnificent. I could feel his eyes on me . I couldn't look at him  . " Are you okay?" Demario questions and i slowly turn to look at him . " No but I have to be no matter what" I tell him as we stared at each other .

" It's okay to not be okay . Today's incident shouldn't have happened but I'd be damn if someone put they hands on you" Demario spoke and i smiled. To see that he cares about me made me happy . Very happy.

~~~~

Vote  and read please