Chapter 24

Rachael's POV
--------------------

Darkness that's all I saw. Pain that's all I felt.
What's going on? Why can't I open my eyes?

"Rachael baby please, please open yours eyes. Open them for me. " a familiar voice said.

Did I know that voice? Yes! That's Jax! I need to open my eyes I need to see him! I need to see Scarlett!

Jax POV
-------------

I sat in the chair by Rachael's bed waiting for her to wake up.

Scarlett wanted to be here with me but I had Gemma watching her. She didn't need to see her mom like this.

I stared off into space thinking about what's gonna happen when Rachael wakes up.

"Jax?" A small horse voice asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked over and saw Rachael's eyes open.

"Rachael! Thank god your okay baby."

"What happened?"

"There was an explosion at the clubhouse and the blast threw you and you hit your head on the pavement."

She didn't respond. She just sat there.

"Babe?"

"Yeah, sorry it was just a lot to take in."

"It's okay I know. I'm goin to get the doc I'll be right back".
She nodded and I left the room.

I came back into the room with the doctor. He explained everything and prescribed her a pain medication. He said if she was doing good today and tomorrow she would be able to come home tomorrow night.

**

Rachael's POV
---------------------

All of my vitals were good so the doctor was letting me go.

I signed out and waited for my dad or Jax to come pick me up.

"Hey darlin'"

"Gemma? What are you doing here?"

"They guys had to make a run out to Nevada," she explained. " I'm sorry. But don't worry it's a quick one and they'll be back tomorrow. " she said after she saw my face drop.

"Okay," I started. "Just get me out of here. "

"Okay Hun" she said and led me out with a nurse.

***

"Mommy!!" Came I high pitched squeal when i stepped out of the car.

I dropped to my knees and hugged my daughter as she ran into my arms.

"Hi baby."

"Grandma said you weren't feeling well so you had to stay away. Are you better now?" 

"Yeah Scarlett I'm better now. "  I said and kissed her forehead.

When i stood up Scarlett grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

"SURPRISE!!"

I gasped in shock when I saw all the guys gathered in my living room.

Jax stepped forward and wrapped me in a hug. Then my dad and everyone else.

"I thought you guys were in a run" I said still trying to grasp that they were here.

"We lied so that we could have this welcome home surprise party for you." Juice explained.

" aw you guys are so sweet!"

***

A little while later we put Scarlett to bed and the party died down.
All of the guys and Gemma left within the next hour.

"So I was thinking" Jax started.

"That's never a good idea." I replied

"Ha-ha very funny. But really I was thinking and i thought we should get away for a weekend. "

"Get away?"

"Yeah like away from the club and charming. Me you and Scarlett."

"That sounds amazing Jax. But you can't do that your the VP"

" I can take a weekend off. They will be fine with out me. So what do you say?"

"I say yes! Let's go."

***

True to his word Jax made it so he would have to weekend off. We packed our bag loaded Jax's truck a drove to the coast.

Jax had rented a house on the ocean for the weekend. Scarlett was really excited when she found out she would be swimming in the same place as Dolphins. She really likes them.

***

Our weekend is almost up. Jax never answered his phone and neither did I.

We swam in the ocean and stayed outside on the beach all day.
One night we even set up a little text and camped out.

It was evening on our last night here and me and Jax were walking along the beach at sunset.  We had put Scarlett to bed so we didn't want to walk to far away.

"You know Rachael we've been back together for a while and I've been wondering why aren't we married?"

"I don't know Jax, I mean are we even ready for that. I know we have a child and all but still."

"I think we are. " he said while stopping. "That's why I think we should get married. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and our daughter and hopefully our future children. I don't think I could picture my life without you unit anymore. And while you were gone I didn't feel whole. So Rachael Trager will you do the honor of becoming my wife?"  He said kneeling down and opening a velvet box with a simple and beautiful ring.

"Yes! I would love to marry you Jackson Teller!" I said. 

He slid the ring in my finger and kissed me deeply.

___________________________

Authors note: I'm so so so sorry. I meant to have this up so long ago.
•I would like to thank you guys if your still reading this. I know the updates are bad. But I'm gonna try my hardest to update again tomorrow.
Thank you so much for bearing with me and supporting this story.
Comment
Vote
Thx:)