3

Charlotte

I am pulled out of the darkness that warped itself around me last night and into the light that I call my living room ceiling fan.
I groan pulling all my strength together I pull myself upstairs going into the bathroom to inspect the damage.
Ten new bruises had started to form on my lower back as five medium sized ones started growing along my sides with about ten more on my back.
Looking at my back I noticed red slashes that were easily identified as a whip hit. I've lived through these so long that I know where a bruise would form when they only kicked me once. I noticed the difference between a slap to the back and a slash to the back with a belt or some type of whip.
After dressing them and pulling on a mahogany sweater with light washed jeans I slowly descended the stairs careful not to move too much.
Reaching the floor I felt a little dizzy but nothing out of the contrary. I trudged to school and as soon as I got there the late bell rung in my ears.
Today's going to be one long day, I think to myself.

I walk to the football feild, sitting under a large oak tree is where I escape.
I escape to large depths of my imagination. Replaying the night my mother died to see if there was an outcome to where I died and she didn't. I believe that if I'd have died I'd be in heaven celebrating the fact that I saved my mother's life.
I am cut out of my thoughts when I hear rustling of leaves crunch under the feet of.. Vexon?
Why would he be at my hiding spot?
"Char I know you're there" he says.
I slowly get up, not wanting him to find me from behind the large trunk. I start on my feet running on the leaves as I ignore the roar of pain telling me to stop.
I can hear Vexon running after me but I run faster, seventh grade I was on the track team, luckily I've still got it.
I run into the school taking corners and the long way to the library, when I settle into the back corner I breathe hard.
Why did he run after me?
Does he not see I'm social outcast?
Does he not care about his rep?
"Char, don't run away please" I hear Vexon's voice a few feet away, he's breathing hard too.
"What do you want" I ask him laying my head on my knees.
"I wanted to know if you were ok" he says finding my corner and sitting next to me curling into the same position I am in.
"I'm fine" I spit at him not wanting to go into detail.
"Why won't you let me in?" He asks sadly as he looks at me.
"Because my life is fucking Hell and no-one, not even you, can fix it. So leave! I want to be alone" I say through muffled sobs he nods stiffly then walks out leaving me to my horrid thoughts about my life.
I skip the rest of the day and descide to go home, luckily Barbarian is staying at a friends house over night and George is at the bar with some of his friends.
I walk up the stairs now that most of the pain from my back is gone. I sit on the counter and pull out a razor, popping the metal edge out of the plastic home.
Placing it on my wrist I dig deep, I haven't done it in a while and I wanted to start again.
It's my other drug.
The red blood flows onto my hands and I realize I've hit a vein. Blood seeps out and onto the counter as I wrap my wrist tightly with gauze. The blood doesn't stop though and I'm starting to feel weak and drowsy. I'm holding onto the counter for support as my eyelids get heavy, but I stay strong I push them open and wrap more gauze around the wound, this time it stops and it doesn't go through the wrap this time.
Sighing I walk downstairs and am surprised by what I see.
"Vexon, what are you doing here" I ask him as he sits on the couch in the living room he notices the dried blood that I forgot to clean up.
"Who's is that?" He asks pointing to it, ignoring my question.
I can see the questioning gaze he's giving me but it's also laced with sorrow and guilt.
"Let me clean it up" i say ignoring hus question and grabbing a towel not wanting to get the crusty mop and more questions I pour some water on it and wipe up the dried blood.
"It wasn't blood. It was dried up jello. I had some this morning but was late so I didn't have time to clean it up" I tell him sitting next to him on the couch.
"What are you doing here?" I ask again.
"I'm here because I wanted to check up on you" he says looking me over and he spots the gauze on my wrist.
I know the bleeding stopped because now it's just throbbing.
"Can I take it off?" He asks and he reaches for my hand touching it softly.
His skin is rough against mine and my hand feels so right in his.
He takes the gauze in between his fingers and starts to unwrap it, I'm am too stunned to move, his touch is so gentle, loving almost.
He gets the first piece off revealing the drying blood that escaped the first bound. With an unreadable expression he unwraps the gauze unraveling it until the cut is visible.
"Did you do this to yourself?" He asks examining the cut then looking deep into my eyes wondering if I'd tell the truth.
"No" I breath out "well yes but no. I was cutting tomatoes and I cut myself" the lie slips easily from my mouth as I've been doing it all my life.
"Ok?" I can tell he doesn't believe me.
"So, now what" I ask as I sit back on the couch.
"I don't know. Wanna go swimming?" He asks and I just stare at him with an 'are you serious' look.
"You're beautiful no matter what. I have an indoor pool at my house. We can stop to get you a bathing suit if you'd like" he says and I blush at the first sentence.
"I-i don't kn-know how to swim" I whisper to him looking at my lap.
"I'll teach you, come on" he says helping me stand up.

Awwwww they are so cute! Hopefully I don't have too many grammar or spelling errors I try to go back and fix them.

Word Count: 1122