13

Charlotte

Oh God.
Oh God.
Oh God.
What do I do?
Do I tell Vexon?
No don't put him in danger a voice says.
Yes go to George he won't think twice about going after Vexon it says again.
Remember Charlotte you deserve it....remember the voice says.
I ignore it though, knowing that telling Vexon is the best thing to do.
"U-um V-Vexon" I stutter as I walk out of the bathroom.

Vexon

"U-um V-Vexon" I hear my name being called by a visibly shaken Charlotte.
"Yes?" I ask her as I pull her onto my lap, trying to soothe her.
She doesn't say anything just hands me a blue note that looks oddly familiar.
I read it:
I know Charlotte's awake...I will get her back
Love George and Barbara
I crumple the piece of paper in my fist out of complete rage.
How dare he threatens her!
After thinking for a long time I come up with a solution.
"Lets move away" I blurt.
She doesn't answer just lays her head on my chest going over the possibility.
"What about Lacy?" She asks quietly.
"Well take her with us. She's a minor and I'm her legal guardian so that shouldn't be too hard to get her on an airplane" I say stringing my fingers through her thick brown hair.
"We'll have to consult this with her. You know" she says matter of factly.
"Yes and I'm sure she'll jump right on the deal" I say.
"What about the house?"
"I'll sell it" I reply taking my hand from get hair and wrapping them sound her waist pulling her to me.
"Ok. Lets do it" she says and I can practically feel her smiling.
"Great. Let's start packing" I say.
"What?! When are we leaving? Don't you need to sell the house? What about Lacy? Oh my goodness! What about the plane tickets?" She asks frantically wriggling in my arms.
"Sh sh sh... it's ok I'll settle everything out" I coo rubbing her back.
"Ok" she murmurs.
"Great now I know it's only noon but lets go to sleep" I say picking up her small frame in my arms as I walk upstairs holding her bridal style.
"I love you so God damn much" she says looking into my eyes.
"I love you more" I say.
"I love you most"
"I love you last" I say indefinitely. "Fine. You win" she smiles as I kiss her and lay her on the bed.
I strip to my boxers and snuggle in next to her wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me.
"What? No good noon kiss" she asks as she turns herself around in my arms.
I laugh at how weird that sounded and give her a kiss.

I wake up with the up most beautiful human I have ever seen. Charlotte lay in my arms with only the thump of her heart against my arm.
She stirred in my arms eyes fluttering to the cruel world before her.
"Good morning sunshine" I say giving her nose a kiss.
"Morning?" She asks as she looks at the bedside clock.
"It's 9pm" she says sleepily "let's go to the movies"
"Ted 3?" I ask.
"Yes! Wait is that even out? God I've missed so much"she says in frustration as she jumps off the bed.
"I know. I'll meet you out in the car" I say pulling on my clothes from earlier.
"Ok" she screams from the en suite.
I chuckle at her childness as I trot downstairs. Noticing a pink envelope underneath the doormat I rip it open, already knowing who it's from.

Dear Vexon,
Yes, we have figured out who you are. We will be coming for Charlotte, soon. You won't see it coming
Lots of love,
George and Barbara

I crumple the paper and stuffed through it in the trash bin on the side of the street.
I waited for a few minutes before a perfect looking Charlotte walks out.

As we pulled into the driveway after the movies we decided on just watching tv till we fell asleep.
As Charlotte fell asleep beside me I heard someone open the door.

Cliffhanger! Ooooooooo what's going to happen!? Ahhhhh! People of the Wattpad world you are all very greatly and deeply appreciated for reading my book! Thank you so much

Word Count: 700