Chapter Eleven

Aliya's POV:

I cuddle up to a blanket several hours later. Pan was gone with several boys for hunting. I felt as if I may puke up everything in my stomach. I get up, and run outside into the forest just surrounding camp.

I get on my knees and feel whatever contents were in my stomach, and I felt someone hold my hair up in a ponytail. I look up and see Jordan.

"Jordan, who's that?"

It was the other boy, Ryder. I look up him and he goes to get Pan. I end up vomiting again in the grass. I fall on my butt and hold my head in my hands. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up at Pan, and worry fills his eyes.

"I'm fine, Pan."

"You're sick," he says, "You're not fine, come on, Aliya."

Pan helps me up and holds my waist as he brings me to the hut. I end up fainting.

•••

"She's dying," I hear the quiver in Pan's voice.

"Will anything save her?" I hear Felix ask.

"I don't think so. I regret bringing her here. She doesn't deserve this."

I open my eyes to see Pan holding me in his arms. Felix leaves.

"I'm dying?"

"I'm so sorry," he whispers, "you weren't supposed to die."

I gasp as a pain runs through my body. The door opens and Killian is by my side. I grip Pan's hand, almost breaking it.

"I don't want to die," I whisper.

"Pan, you can save her, Never-"

"It won't save her from death, Killian! I have no idea what it could be!"

"I know what it is," Charlie says,"Nightshade berries. She ate the berries."

I shut my eyes. Pan orders Charlie to go get the cure. I feel Pan shift like he's grabbing something. I feel something go into my arm.

"You'll be okay in a few hours," Killian says.

•••

I awoke to no one with me. I was still weak, but I got up and saw the boys sitting at the fire and no one was dancing. I open the door and Pan looks. He stands and walks over.

"You need to rest," he whispers.

"I'm okay, Pan."

He leans me against the hut and sighs. I have my arms hung loosely around his shoulders. He's pulled away by the blonde.

"C'mon, Peter."

Peter? No one called him that. She kisses him on the cheek, and hold his hand. I sit against the hut and watch as the boys get up and dance. Wendy is hanging on him and I can't look away.

He has her close to his body. I get why he's doing it, but it hurts more than anything I've experienced. I stand up and leave camp. Pan can't stop me this time. I take the trail to his tree. Once I come across it, I sit against its trunk. I know I'm not supposed to be here, but it's the one place I know I can be calm at. Hours seemed to have passed before Pan shows up.