Chance

For the past three days that Apollo did not contacted Freya, she concluded that whatever he said about liking her, about being exclusive and other things that night were not all real. That jerk was just in the mood for goofing around and she was the almost willing victim, letting him kiss her. Letting him to fool her.

Thank goodness that she didn't directly admitted that she likes him so she still has some ego left and the next time she saw him, she is going to act like nothing happened. She is going to act that she is perfectly fine. Of course she knows that it is not going to be easy but she needed to gather herself. She can't like him more. She cannot fall in love with him. Because she feels that this time, moving on is going to be a lot harder.

"Oh you're just in time." Aleena said as soon as she arrived.

She frowned. "Something happened?"

Aleena glanced at the meeting room. "Mr Kwon is here."

Her chest pound hard. What is that jerk doing here? She cleared her throat and tried her best to remain calm. "Why?"

Aleena smiled brightly. "Another network offer."

She snorted. "Is it really necessary for him to go here at this hour?"

Aleena eyed her carefully. "Is there any misunderstanding between the two of you?"

She diverted her gaze to her booth. "I'll just place my things. You can go inside first." Before Aleena could question her more, she quickly walks away. What is that jerk's game this time?

After a while, Freya found herself standing up outside of the meeting room then inhale deeply as her heart is rumbling throughout her chest. She knocked then opens the door and her heart thumped more when she met his gaze. But still, she calmly sits beside Aleena and few minutes of awkward silence happened until Aleena cleared her throat. "Mr Kwon, I believed you have something to discuss with Freya."

Apollo cleared his throat as well. "Right, I came here to personally discuss about the sudden offer from MBS." Then he eased the folder he had towards Freya.

Though she could feel his intent gaze, she acted like she didn't notice it and just casually opens the folder then read thoroughly the content. "Okay, I'm in." She said afterwards. It's just a cameo role for the final episode of MBS current drama.

"Great."

She nodded. "Is there still something else?"

"I need to talk to you." His face is too serious. "Alone."

She arched her eyebrow. "Is it related to my work?"

Before he could give his answer, Aleena stands up. "Well, I am going to leave the two of you now." Then she squeezed Freya's shoulder and whispered. "Don't be a brat."

She sigh. If Aleena only knew why she is acting like this. Then she looked at Apollo and was about to question him when he suddenly apologized. Somehow, it lessens her irritation.

"Freya, I knew I am a jerk. I am very much aware of that. I will not blame you if you hated me now but the reason why I deliberately did not contact you is that I need to make sure that I won't hurt you one day."

She wanted to roll her eyes but seeing him like he was being tormented stops her. Currently, she cannot see the confident Apollo. "But you did already." He froze for a moment then she noticed the regret in his face. "You should just have sent me a message that you need to do some thinking. I would definitely understand that but you made me feel like a fool."

He got startled and was about to reach her but she pulled her hands into her lap then she bites her lower lip as she saw his stunned face. "I really do like you Freya and I am really sorry for being a jerk."

She smiled a bit. "You know that I like you too, Apollo but I think it is better for us to not continue whatever we started." Then she silently cursed herself as she heard protest within her.

He obviously didn't expected and didn't like what she said as he looks frantic. "What? No."

Then he was about to stand up when she stopped him. "Don't do anything that will jeopardize you."

He gritted his teeth. "I don't give a damn about it, Freya." Then his face softens. "Please tell me that you didn't mean what you just said."

Of course she won't tell him the truth so she stands up. "I need to prepare now." Then she was about reach the door when he blocked her way. "Go away."

"No."

She sigh. "Find someone else that can play along with you."

"I already told you that I am not playing with you."

She crossed her arms then raised her eyebrow at him. "Is that so? But it seems you are showing me the opposite."

His face shows frustration. "It was never in my intention."

"Yeah right. Did you know what bothers me the most? It is that whenever you feel like in thinking mode, you'll just always disappear and just will go back once you clear your head." Then she inhale deeply, trying to calm herself as she was in the verge of crying. "What you did makes me think that you are are not sure with me, Apollo. You maybe even aren't sure with yourself as well. So please, as early as now, let's forget whatever happened between us. You have been with a lot of women and too bad for me, I didn't know how to play your game." He was about to speak when she stopped him again. "Don't ever say again that you are sorry because I believe that no one forced you to have a decision like that." It seems it strikes him as he looks that he wanted to punch his self.

Then they heard knocks. "Freya? Mr Kwon?" It's Aleena.

She inhale deeply again. "I need to start my work now."

He nodded, obviously forced himself. "I'll see you after your work."

"I don't want to believe that words anymore." Then she pushed him into the side and went out of the room.

"What happened?" Aleena asked her. "Are you okay?"

She shakes her head. "But I'll be fine." Then she quickly enters her booth and didn't notice if Apollo left already.

After her work, Aleena approached her. "By any chance, are you dating our boss?"

She smiled bitterly. "I wish we really are."

"So what is really going on between the two of you?"

"He once told me that he likes me."

Aleena gave her a teasing grin. "But the problem is?"

"Apparently, he is not sure."

"Oh boy. Tell me from the start." When Freya finished her story telling, Aleena tapped her shoulder. "Give him a chance."

"What?" It startled her.

"Ask me why."

She groan. "Why?"

"He acknowledged his mistake and even apologized for it. Men don't normally do that." Then she rolled her eyes. "You are DJ Goddess, you should know what to do."

She sigh. "Unfortunately, Freya cannot follow advices of DJ Goddess."

Aleena chuckled. "If that's the case, take my advice."

"He is our boss."

"And so? You are not working directly with him."

She bites her lower lip. "Whatever we have scares me. I am afraid that one day he'll tell me that everything is a mistake." It really scares the hell out of her.

Aleena eyed her carefully. "DJ Goddess once said that don't be afraid to fall in love." Freya's chest pound hard. "You chose to move on from Eros because you know that he will never return your feelings. It's totally different with Apollo, he likes you. No, let me rephrase that. That guy is falling in love with you." Her chest pound harder. "He maybe doesn't know it yet but I believe that he'll realize it soon and look at what happened, he committed a mistake because he was afraid to hurt you then he apologized for it. Now he is here again, it only means that he is determined to take his chance with you. Don't you realize this? Like you, he is scared as well. Come on Freya, don't let fear cover you. Take a risk because as what DJ Goddess once said that there will be always a person who is worth the risk."

She became silent for a moment until she hugged Aleena. "Thank you." She felt light now.

Aleena hugged her back. "You're always welcome. You are the sister that I never had."

It warmed her heart. "Glad to hear that. You are now qualified to be the DJ Goddess."

Aleena giggled. "Nah. You're the only DJ Goddess." Then Aleena grinned at her. "Go now. I could imagine how anxious our boss."

Her face flush. "Don't start."

Aleena giggled again then pushes her. "Go."

Freya only inhale deeply then calmly but quickly took the fire exit staircase. When she reached the parking lot, her chest start to pound hard as she saw Apollo leaning on her car. With hands on his pocket, his head is facing the floor while he is tapping his feet on the ground. It seems he noticed her presence, he lifted his head and her chest pound more when his face brightens. "You're still here." She found herself saying as soon as she reached him.

He grasped her hands and somehow alert as if she will suddenly run. "I am not going to make the same mistake again. Ever." Then he smiled sheepishly. "I did not bring my car."

She chuckled. "Find a cab."

He squeezed her hands. "You are not mad at me anymore?" He asked her instead.

She slowly nods her head. "You have to thank Aleena."

He inhale deeply and his face shown relief. "I will." Then he stared at her that made her too conscious. "Let's eat at your favourite restaurant."

"Sure. Did you really wait here after I started to work?" When he nodded, guilt strikes her. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I deserved it anyway."

She smiled gently. "Let's go?"

He only kissed the back of her hands. Later on, they reached the restaurant. "How did you discover this place?" Apollo asked Freya when they started to eat. The restaurant is quite far from her office building and their apartment.

"Freija and I used to hang out here."

"Does Eros know this as well?" And he looked pleased when she shakes her head.

"There are things that we were doing by just the two of us."

"By any chance, this restaurant had some significant memory?"

She smiled. Suddenly remembered those happy memories. "Yeah. Ramen is one of our favourites so our parents used to bring us here when we were still kids as they served delicious ramen."

He smiled back. "These really taste good." He said referring to the ramen they ordered.

Then they talk about their childhoods until they went back to their apartment. "Sleep well." Freya said when he accompanied her to her door.

He kissed her forehead. "You too and thank you for giving me a chance. I promise that I am going to make it up to you."

She cupped his face. "Let's be open with each other, okay?"

He nodded and holds her hand that's on his cheek. "I really like you, Freya."

Her body trembled as he tilted his head to kiss her palm. "I feel the same." Then her face flush as big smile slowly broke into Apollo's face.

"Can I come in?" He asked after she opened her door.

She raised her eyebrow. "I don't trust that smile."

He grinned. "I'm harmless."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right." Before he could even react, she immediately entered her apartment and closed the door quickly then leans against it while holding her chest as her heart is thumping wildly. Few minutes passed, she found herself smiling. Oh my. That man is making her crazy.