O.36

(HARRY'S POV)

"Wha..." I mumble, starting to reopen my weary eyes, feeling like I was chewed up and spit out of a horrible dream.

I feel like I died then came back to life somehow... But that's insane. It's not like I'm a zombie or frankenstein.

... Right?

Oh god.

"Lou- where a-are you?" I whisper before I sit upright. My hospital room is dark, and the only place that is a steady glow is the hallway.

I almost jump out of my skin when I feel a cold hand touch my arm, but I know who's it is not even a second later. "Mum?" I ask, and I can see her smile.

I haven't seen her really do that in a long time.

Smile.

"Yes, it's just me pumpkin. I sent Louis to the cafeteria. He hadn't eaten in ages," she explains, and all I can wonder is how the hell did my mother use my boyfriend's name in a sentence without cringing?

"But I thought-" I begin to say, but she interrupts me, squeezing my hand lightly.

"Any person who saves my son's life, no matter what the gender, can love my son as well..." She says, and I look at her funny.

So I wasn't dreaming? Louis saved me?

Holy shit.

It floods back to me now; the air of my lover filling my lungs, my sweat breaking loose from my pores to try and fight harder, my heart barely beating...

It's so vivid that I have to rub my eyes and take a minute to think.

"He saved me..."

"Sure did," my mum replies, running her fingers through my hair in attempts to calm me. But no offense, I want Louis. I wan't the man who saved my life, not the women who created it.

Is that horrible? Probably.

Don't care.

"Also, I don't want you to forget your about your school duties. Your teachers have given me all the missing assignments and homework you missed for today so-"

"Stop, please- just let me... Let me think, yeah?" I ask pleadingly, because my brain is about to fry up like an egg on a sidewalk in the blistering summer heat.

"You need more time?" My mum asks, and it's like, I wanna say, 'duh, you stupid fucking idiot, I just woke up from a near death fucking experience,' but I can't and I know that. I'm too polite for my own good.

"Yes," I say before I glance down the hall. It's Louis!

"Louis!" I shout, forgetting that it's night time so every other patient is asleep, and I even forget about the cords attached from me at every limb.

When I start to climb out of bed though, Louis rushes himself quicker, putting down a bag of snacks and greeting my mother with a grin before he settles me back in.

"Oh Haz," my mum says, tucking me in tighter than before. "No rush, okay? I think... I'm gonna go home for the night, if that's okay with you?"

Of course it's fine by me, I glance at Louis then back to my mum. "I think that's okay..." I say and take Louis's hand in my own. He squeezes it gently for reassurance.

She kisses me goodnight, and even hugs Louis before she collects her things and vanishes, leaving me and Louis together. Alone.

I want to jump on him, quite literally, but from this hospital bed, I can't exactly do much at all.

"You were out for quite awhile..." He says suddenly, and I want to ask how he got on my mums good side, but I have a feeling he's getting to that point.

"How long?" I ask curiously, and that's when Louis's eyes water. Am I missing something here? "What? I-Is it the same year at least?"

Louis cracks a small smile at that, but tears are still making their way down his cheeks so I wipe them away with my hands, giving a worried look.

"A week," he said, crumbling now. "I missed you Bambi, e-every time you'd try to open your eyes you couldn't because you were so, so tired..." He whimpers out, and I panic, touching his face, running my fingers through his hair, feverishly trying to calm him down with small coos against his ear.

"It was horrible..." He whispered, holding onto my back with a vice grip.

Soon enough, he's in bed with me, chatting away about how my mum, his mum and himself sat with each other in the cafe, having an actual conversation and not getting into a fit. It was perfect, he told me at least.

I'm still convinced he's paying them to not be homophobes.

Ha ha. Just joking. But whatever Louis is doing, it's working.

"I heard you saved my life..." I say, unable to resist. I snuggle close to him and he blushes, avoiding eye contact.

"I just gave you CPR. That's it. That's all I know how to do, babe," he says, but I know it was much more than that. I can just tell when I look around the room. He never left me, not once.

Finished crossword puzzles sit in a pile on my nightstand and his phone charger is plugged into the wall, empty water bottles scattered about the room as well. That's when I look back at him, smiling bigger than ever before.

"What?" He asks, raising a brow, probably confused on why I look so happy. He's so dumb sometimes.

"Gimme a kiss, you silly boy," I say, and he just gives a small amused chuckle, leaning down to press his lips against my own.

I've never felt so amazing.

That is until he pulls away and looks like he has bad news to tell me.

This can't be good at all, because he takes my hand and squeezes it.

"They said... Uh," he stalls, and I wished he wouldn't. I feel an episode coming on, but I'm trying to force it away.

"The doctors said they'll have to place you in a special hospital..." He says, swallowing thick. Before I know it I'm crying, hugging Louis, clinging onto him for dear life before I have to let it out.

Shaking, I moan into his shirt, digging my blunt nails into his shoulder, panting because I'm so upset, and because I'm embarrassed.

A special hospital?

I think he means a mental hospital.

Great.

_____________________
Another update?!?! I know it's crazy...

Anyway, my papa isn't doing so well, so if you guys could keep him in your thoughts that'd be so helpful for me. <3

- please go read "the chatroom" it's so quick and i think it's got a lot of potential :-)

OH AND BY THE WAY, IF YOU'RE UPSET ABOUT WHAT LOUIS SAID THIS MORNING ON GMA, REMEMBER THAT BIRDS DON'T HAVE FUCKING EYEBROWS.

Xoxoxoxoxo love you all, my kittens. :)