Twenty Three

A/n
LONG CHAPTER. Enjoy!
Playlist: Breathe Me - Sia

Peep my story cover for Arabella yalll
It was made by JannyR1801 y'all vv

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO JannyR1801
Her support since day one has been super amazing and like we go way back, like 7th grade back. I remember before when you didn't even use kik and you thought in was creepy and I was! (I was an awkward potato seventh grade tbh)

But we got soo much closer than I told you to peep my story and now look where we are! You are legit always giving my story critical keypoints and in the beginning, when u knew my story sucked for the first three chaps you held on and didn't give up lol so I added a special moment in this chapter for you.

Check out her books:
Look to the Stars
Look to the Skies
Amoreliate (hope I spelled it right)
Organs
****
One Year Later

"One year starts tomorrow Savannah," my therapist reminded me once our session started.

"I know, I've been thinking about it all week."

"If you want to spend the day at Pasadena Villa you can-"

"Noooo! I mean uh- I can handle it."

"Are you sure you can?"

"No,"I admitted. "But it'd be good to try then to just constantly rely on a mental institution one day every year for the rest of my life.
I'll be alright, I'm not going to go into major shock or like have a crazy moment am I?" I joked, trying to lighten up the conversation.

Instead she sighed. "I don't know, it depends on how strong you are. But even the strong have their moments of weakness."

"Close your eyes. Just remember Penelope when you last saw her. Not through a door, but in person. What did you see?"

I closed my eyes. "I see... I see her in her pajamas, she woke up and showered long ago but she wanted that day to be a lazy day.
She's wishing me good luck, because she knows how crazy mom is when it comes to shopping. I told her we still had to finish our game of COD and she smiles and laughs, and tells me 'I'm going down'. That was the last time I saw her."

I had trouble opening my eyes again. I wanted to see her like that for a much longer time but I couldn't, I couldn't relive that again.

"Good job Savannah. That's how you need to remember Penelope Snow, okay? She was happy and at peace. The last image to everyone of her, was happy and at peace."

****

I didn't even wake up right.
My eyes, just sort of fluttered open, and there I was. Curled up with my knees to my chest probably looking like a big jelly bean under comforters.

My heart hurted, from emotional pain. I had been thinking about that night, February 16, 2014.
I even dreamt about it, the whole day, not just bits with twisted endings.

Even thinking back to last night makes a single tear fall from my eye. But there can't be anymore. No, I've cried for a year on this day, I can't anymore.

"Sweetie, how are you feeling?" My parents came in and sat on my bed, my mom rubbing my back.

"You okay carebear?"

I nodded my head. "I'm fine."

"You sure?" My mom reasked.

My eyes began to sting.
"No," I whimpered, before bursting into tears.