Twenty One

A/n where my p!atd fans at?

I LOVE HER ANYWAY!

***

Exactly one week from now.
And I was flipping out.

One week from now is an official one year of Penelope Snow's death. Of my sister's death.

My family was worried for me, worried that I might go back to lying down on my bed, starving myself, secluding myself from the world. My therapist was worried for me as well. She even considered taking me to Pasadena Villa that whole week.

Of course I had to decline that lovely offer, I wasn't crazy, just depressed.

And I of course was worried for Jax. We weren't planning on going to school that day, which was good because I hate Mondays. But the thing is that if they know she died that day, wouldn't it be mysterious that we just happened to be absent on this one particular day?

Jax told me not to stress it. Just chill and focus more about me. He feared for my sanity, he knows that I am even know still struggling. But so is he.

On the somewhat brighter side, Mr. Evans isn't so bad. Well when you compare him to my other problems, he's not really a walk in the park. More like getting stung by a bee. Twice.

He just gives me these, 'looks' every chance he gets. But problem solved: Stop Looking At Him.
Jax gets pissed off when he does, but I manage to calm him down.

Bree was about an insult away from my foot to her behind.
Its not even the insults, I had resort to just Oovooing Jax because she watches me like a hawk. And even when she's not watching me, Mr. Evans is. Basically her puppet.

Something's... strange. Its like maybe she's planning something against me, I don't even know. I can just feel it though, but it's probably just paranoia.

The only good that's come so far was my date with Chaz yesterday. It was the longest ride of my life, but we managed to get a bus ride to DisneyWorld in Orlando. It was the best thing ever! I never went, we always went to DisneyLand every time we visited my aunts and uncles in Cali.

All doubts I had we put out, and my sparks rekindled. Chaz really was an amazing guy.

Of course he still couldn't know about my plan, which was devastating because it almost slipped out. Almost.
Good thing I'm good at cover ups though or I'd be screwed.

Feeling charming today I did my hair in a French braid and put on a dress, a flowery one too. Those kind of dresses were the ones I had to sneak one every time my grandma came over. You'd see three meteors, a pink moon and cows flying before I wear dresses like this on free will.

But it didn't look so bad. So when I got to school, I wasn't so alarmed when everybody complimented me on my dress and said I looked pretty. Chaz was just being a moron telling the team "that's my girl" and Bree did that 'not bad' face when she saw me. Only for a second though.

Jax did a double take. And it would have been something to shrug off if it wasn't the most nerdiest, fakest, and funniest double take I'd ever seen. Like the ones on t.v, I cannot tell a lie.

"You look...different," was the first thing he said when he approached me. Honestly this guy needed compliment lessons.

"Fully aware. It's a one-time thing so don't get your hopes up."

He laughed. "I'm assuming your date at Disney went well?"

"You assumed correctly. Minus the fact I almost threw up on that 'Mission: Space' ride. If the real deal is worse, I won't be planning on going to Mars anytime soon."

"You know I've never been to Disney, I wonder what it's like," he looked up at the ceiling, slowly drifting away.

"Ooh, maybe after the dinner we can convince our parents to take us. Then we can all throw up on the Mission: Space ride!"

"Whats funny about you Savannah is that you think our moms will just bond like that. How are you so sure?"

I fake thought it over. "Come on, if you're anything like you mother, which I'm guessing you are, they'll practically be best friends by the end of the first night!"

And then I can convince our parents to move to Tampa and live next to our winter house!
Part of me wanted to say, but I knew it wasn't that easy. The plan was stupid as it is, I just wanted to get Jax and his mom away from the damage of our school before we got too into it. Its fine for me because I'm only a freshman but Jax, he's a sophomore. Next year he'll be in too deep.

"Alright, if you say so. I don't see why you want to make our moms besties so much."

"Because, we're 'besties'."

"Yeah but that's different."
"How so?"

"Honestly, I don't know."

As for me, I'll be fine next week. Right?

I hope so. I hope she is. Maybe after next week my parents will thing that I don't need a therapist anymore, but part of me didn't want that. She had grown on me, I liked having her around, she helped with a lot of stress.

***

"Savannah, hey talk to me. I can erase any recollection of this phone call after this if you want, I'm good with stuff like that. Just- tell me what's wrong."

"Rylan I- I screwed up. I'm not sure I can come back from this either."

"What? What's going on? Is it about that Pax guy?"

"No, no Jax is fine. I just... I can't. I can't tell you, you have to be here. Please I need you to be here. I can't see Jax, it'll look..suspicious. I just need someone to tell me it's gonna be alright, to be there for me right now."

"Savannah I would walk there if I could but I can't. Just promise you'll stay away from these people, they don't seem like good people."

"It's not that easy! Not after this, not after... I just can't. Look I gotta go."

"Savvy, wait!"
"Bye Ry."
I hung up and tossed my phone on my love seat. I hope Jax is okay, right now he's the only one that can help me through this, and it hurts that he's doing everything he can to protect me, and I was just sitting there, doing nothing.

For the first time in ever I actually wanted to go to Pasadena Villa. As of right now it might just be where I belong.