Fifteen

A/n sorry for the late post I had camp and I legit just got back.

Anyways, before we start I have a quick funny story about me.

Okay so, for starters, I hate goats. I cannot stress that enough. I hate the smell, everything about them. I have ever since I was like 7 or something. So a few weeks ago, I'm singing as I walk into my kitchen and BAM! Well not really bam I just went in the kitchen and almost died because on the counter I saw a goat head, just, sitting there on the pan thingys. I almost started crying, I'm not scared of them they just really freak me out.

So without further ado,

Fifteen

******
It was mid- November, leaves we're falling, trees we're shedding, everyone getting ready for winter. And I was way off schedule.
By now they we're supposed to already have had troubles, I was supposed to find out everything and use it against them, tear them apart friendship by friendship. But how can I, when I'm too busy caught up in these so called "friends". None of them are real, not even Jax, as real as he seems to be. Winter break is coming soon, and when we come back, I've gotta at least try. Thats all, for her, I should try.

It was Saturday, we were all at school, trying to boost our grades up to straight A's. And by ours, I mean theirs. Mine was right where I needed them to be.

Don't get me wrong. They weren't doing the school work, no. They we're just using their persuasive skills or hacking, whatever they do, to get those grades.

We were split up for some reason. Bree went to Mr. Evans, Jessica went to biology, then the rest were just around. I was hanging out in the hallway by my locker, really not wanting to do much, or talk to anyone, even Chaz.

"Hey Savannah, penny for your thoughts?"
I chuckled a bit, then turned around.
"Chaz, that's the lamest thing I've ever heard you say. And you say a lot of them."

"Hey I'm just trying to see what's wrong with my girl."

"Well, nothing really. I-"

"Cough-lies-cough"

"No!" I sat up,"Not even. I just don't have anywhere to go, I don't really need grade boosting."
Me and Chaz continued on for a little bit, then Jax walked up to us.
"Chaz, Ryan needs you at study hall."

Chaz dismissed himself, leaving me and Jax alone again.

"What on earth are you wearing?"
This guy.
"Really? Out of all the things in the world you ask about what I'm wearing?"

"Didn't seem like you we're gonna start talking."

"Yeah, but at least be nice about it. Chaz was nice. He pulled that whole penny for my thoughts thing."

Jax chuckled. "Yeah well that's because Chaz is gay."

Even though it wasn't supposed to seem funny to me of all people, I cracked up.
Normally people say stuff that I don't laugh to that much, but it's just... the way he said it.

"Whatever Jax, lets just wait outside our room."

I may have forgotten to tell you about our room. The Groups get their own room to themselves. End of story. Basically it.

We walked together til we reached the room. Then we waited about 20 minutes for the others, playing card games to pass time. This guy packs a whole party in his bag. First Char and Marj came, then I stopped paying attention because they ended up playing with us. Lastly, Bree showed up. Honestly I don't know why it took so long, he wasn't even there. Jessica unlocked the door, and everyone started walking in.

Instantly as I walked in I felt nauseous. Waves and waves of nausea. The door closed and the lights opened- and most of the girls were screaming. The guys just pulled them back, Chaz pulling me back even though I couldn't see what they we're screaming about, nor did I realize what that smell was that was making me uneasy. Letting go of his grip, I made my way to the front of the room and felt sicker than before.

It was not one, not three, but two goat heads. Tongue out, eyes open, blood still surrounding the body. It was the grossest thing ever. I stumbled back a bit, almost but not really falling until someone caught me.
"Take it easy, c'mon follow me."

I knew it was him, but I looked around to see where Chaz was. He was on my left, looking at me and Jax with worry, but before I could say anything Bree caught his attention and started complaining to him or something. Jax led me out into the hallway.

"You don't seem too well. Maybe I should take you home."

"No!" I instantly replied, though I had that throw up feeling in my throat.

"Why not?" He asked curiously.
I didn't want him to know where I lived, maybe if he knew, he'd know it was where Penelope lived, the girl his girlfriend killed. Maybe he'd find out my plan, and I'd be ruined.
"I'll be okay, honestly."

"Are you sure you aren't allergic or anything?"

I decided to tell him where it all began.
"Well, my sister is. We stayed with our uncle and aunt for one summer at their ranch and barn, and they had lots of animals. Some were goats. We'd help them feed the animals each day. One day, we we're feeding the goat and my sister started feeling really sick. She ended up throwing up on my shoes, as well as a baby goat. For some reason since that day they make me sick."

I mainly expected him to be laughing, saying something like "oh gosh I need to applaud your sister or something!"
Instead he just looked at me, frowning. Or concentrating, I could never tell. It seemed like he was going to say something but Bree walked out and came towards us.
"Jessica needs you," she told Jax. He gave me a final glance before leaving, stopping in front of the door, and continuing on.

"As for you, go home. I don't need you throwing up all over us."
I really would love to tell you that I did something or said some colorful words to her, but honestly, she was right. So was Jax. And I didn't want to face him anymore after the way he'd looked at me. What did it mean? So I turned around and walked home.
***

The therapy session was pretty short. Even since I've been speaking up more, they've been ending earlier. The irony is everywhere.

I sat on my bed, waiting for winter break. It was in 5 weeks, well 4 if you don't count fall break and actually 2 since I'm going on a vacation to California to spend Thanksgiving with my family. And apparently it's a three week trip. And we are driving there. My dad says it's because he doesn't want to rely on transportation while he's there, honestly he wasn't fooling anyone. In case anything went wrong on this family reunion, he'd be the first one gone. Which doesn't make any sense, considering one week later they'd be coming over to spend Christmas and New Years with us.
As for now, no packing, no problem. Only school was on my mind. What was up with him?

I pulled up the covers and turned off the lights. Slowly I drifted off to sleep.

******
Qftc:

Jaxannah of Channah? I'm really bad at mash up names I know.

~ohburdlee