Twenty

A/n guys I'm pretty upset bc i had to re do this chapter bc wattpad malfunctioned or something

****

Jax held my hand tightly. But I knew his eyes were filled with nothing near sincerity. He was pissed, but so was I.

"Tell me the story again."

"What? Jax no. You and I are already angry, one more time and you might explode. And the children on the bus will go up and down.

We were on the bus, going on a field trip to the arena to watch a baseball game. I wasn't really into baseball but it got me out of school so...here I was. Thank God I got out of school though, today was an off day. At least I don't have to deal with him anymore.

For today. He'll be here tomorrow, and days on afterward. I just wish he would go away. I never hated him, until today.

He disgusted me, I never met anyone so despicable in my life. And things we're going sosmoothly....

"Savannah, if you don't tell me the story right now I will explode, and the children on the bus won't be the only thing going up and down," He threatened.

Is it weird that I kinda liked this mean side of him?

"Okay..." I trailed off, my voice shaky from having to repeat the horriful incident from today.

"It was after you left class, I was still packing up..." 

***

"Savvy, you sure? I can wait for you, I'll walk you if you want."

"Nahh, Jax I'm fine. It's not like someone's keeping goats in the hallways, or is trying to kill me-pretty much the same thing though-you know what I'm cool. Go on, I'll see you on the bus."

I had a ton of stuff left to pack up. It took me forever to find my history paper, I basically tore up my bookbag just to find it.

"Alright, see ya." And he was out the door. 

By the time I had finished packing the whole classroom was cleared. Weird. Shouldn't he have another class right now?

"You know," Mr. Evans began. "It's a good thing I don't have a second period Miss Blanchard. I really wanted to get a chance to talk to you."

"Oh, um alright I guess."

Truth be told I really wasn't comfortable around him anymore since I found out he and Bree are a thing. All his jokes come out to be creepy now, and his smile, as perfect as it is, seems a little too perfect, I don't know. I got weird vibes from that guy.

I walked towards his desk, watching him click his pen to grade papers. He got through at least two papers, then unclicked and set the pen and papers down.

I was expecting him to talk about the project or something.

"So I hear now that you are well aware of my relationship with Bree."

 I was NOT expecting him to say that.

"Well-" 'Ah-ah-ah," he held up his finger, gesturing me to be silent. When I was, he continued on. "Savannah-" the room's temperature must've dropped a hundred thousand degrees after he said my name-" You seem like a week behaved student. You maintain high grades in my class and I can see you have a high GPA."

"Where is this going, Mr. Evans?"

 "You have a very, very nice record Miss Blanchard. I'd hate to see such a record like that get ruined by blind ignorance.

"Unless..." he stood and leaned dangerously close to me and his eyes sized my being.

This was not good.

"You know, Chaz was right for choosing you. Not only are you smart but you look very... mature for your age."

I frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?"

 "It means, that you are a very... captivating woman. You have so much in those eyes, those, beautiful eyes. Tell me Savannah, do you feel that there's times when Chaz doesn't properly attend to your relationship's needs?"

"STOP! YOU SICK MINDLESS-"

"Savannah, you're dismissed. Just keep in mind, if blackmail is your best option, you may as well forfeit, other players are in the game looking for real action."

 I was truly disgusted by him. He calls himself a teacher? What's 24 minus 16? When he was 7, her parents probably weren't even married yet. And now he thinks he has the right to come on to me?

But the sad thing is, for now he's won. I could tell the police, but I wouldn't have proof All that would do is just make me look like an attention seeker, and disgrace the M&M (majors and minors) "pure" name. I was toast.

So I did what anyone would do. I walked out the classroom.

 "There will come a day Miss Blanchard!" He called out after me.

It took everything in me not to throw up and cry.

***

Jax was practically seething when I finished telling the story. At one point while explaining, I had to remove my hand from his before he crushed it.

He was pissed. So was I.

 "That piece of-"

"Teacher. Piece of teacher. I don't care how mad you are you're not gonna curse as long as I'm in you life. But he is a jerk, I never expected that from him."

"I did. Well the relationship thing. A guy like him in a school like this? Maybe Bree wasn't the first."

"Yeah but I mean did you expect it to be her?"

"No. I didn't expect it to be you either. Savannah if he so much as even glances in your direction I'll kill him."

"Yeah so will I. Stop worrying

about it, trust me I'm alright. The

worst he can do is harass me, it's

not like he knows anything."

"What kind of so called man hits

on teenage girls? Young teenage

girls, jeez he's sick."

"Yeah and so is she. Who isn't?

Honestly I'd feel much more

comfortable if we talked about

something else. Please."

]ax took a deep breath, then

exhaled.

 "Yeah, okay. So, about that dinner you invited me to, my mom said yeah. She just needs to talk to your mom."

I rubbed my temples. I had forgotten to ask my mom. Crap.

"Umm sure, okay. Ill text you her phone number. "

"When is it?"

"I dunno, sometime after next two weeks."

"Speaking of the next two weeks,  it's coming soon."

He didn't have to say the event for me to know what he was talking about.

February 16th. One year from that day, my bestest friend died. My sister.

"Yeah I know. I've been thinking about it since New Years." "How are you feeling?"

"I don't know, scared, sad, I just don't know."

"Me too. But we'll be okay Savannah. We have to be."

The wheels stopped, at a red light,

but we were already there. ]ax

placed his hand on my thigh,

squeezing my knee gently. Kind of

his way of saying everything was

going to be okay.

"So," Jax began.

"Tell me the story again."

***