Nineteen

A/n READ ALL AUTHOR'S NOTE IN THE END FOR BIO OF MY NEW STORY!
*****
Lunch seemed to be going so well, everyone was filled with the Friday vibes, the table full of pretty girls with plastic smiles. And of course the guys, I had to settle with sitting in between Chaz and Jax, and on the other side of him was Jessica. Bree, as always, was directly in front of me, glaring at me like a hawk.

"If I could have everyone's attention please," Jessica stood up and raised her drink. Ever since Armoni the Majors and Minors thought it'd be best if we all sat together.

"A toast, to a Happy New Year. May 2015 be better than all the struggles we've had in the year past. And we won't forget Armoni, nor will we forget Cora. Beloved friends, and even family. We won't forget."

Everyone raised their drinks in the air with approval. I raised my iced tea slightly. As we set them down, Bree spoke up.

Why does that not sound like a good thing? (Sarcasm)

"Savannah you wouldn't mind coming to the bathroom with me, right?" She tilted her head to the side and her fingernails drummed on the table. Ugh.

"Sure, okay." Reluctantly I dragged myself from the bench and followed her out the cafeteria door.

We we're about halfway there when she stopped and snapped into my direction.

"It must be pretty hard on you Savvy. You know, what with Corq disappearing on your behalf, and you were the one to find Armoni's dead body. Although you've seen to be coping with it pretty well. Almost as if it doesn't effect you."

Was she accusing me?

"What exactly are you implying Bree?"

"I'm saying," she corrected, "That everyone around has been put through a heck of a lot and you always seem to come out on top. So don't you-"

I grabbed her wrist and yanked her closer. She was not winning this time.

"Listen Bree. I'm sick of your stupid subliminal threats first of all. If you want to attack me don't beat around the bush.

"Second of all how dare you? The next time you even think about accusing me or throwing me under the bus I'll-"

"You'll what Savvy? What are you gonna do? To me?"

"I'll tell everyone your dirty little secret about what kinda chemistry you've got with the old time history teacher. Get it now? Back off Bree, or your secret gets spilled."

I made sure to ram her to the side as I went back to the cafeteria. Before she was out of range, I turned to the side, seeing from out the corner of my eye she was still frozen in the same spot I had left her.

"Oh and Bree? Never call me Savvy, ever again."

*****

"Jax?"

"Yah?"

We we're doing our usual talk on oovoo (because we're the only ones that have it and we don't want the others to be suspicious). I wanted to ask him this question for a while but I never had the courage.

"You know, you should totally come over for dinner sometime. You and your mom. It'll be fun!"

Jax was halfway through eating a spaghetti when I said that. As soon as I did he froze, saucy pasta just hanging out of his mouth. I had to fight the urge to burst out laughing.

"Why though?" He had asked after he finished the spoonful and wiped his mouth.

Because I want you to come with me, I thought but I didn't want to tell him about my plan yet. Even I didn't know for sure about my plan yet.