Part 7: A Black Sharpie

(Phil POV)

Dan has been worrying me. It's been a little more than two weeks since we last talked. Plus Halloween is tomorrow! Ever since he called the one night he hasn't spoken a word to me. He gave me the science project the day it was due and told me to do it by myself. I thought it was kind of mean because it was supposed to be a project that we do together. But whatever.

Dan always avoids me. I wonder what I did wrong. Plus I don't know if I'm going to the Halloween party thing. I don't know what I would be. But then it hit me. I remembered Shadow, Dan's cat, and realised I could be a cat. But that would be girly tho be dressed in a cat costume. But what if I had just whiskers and a nose and ears. Wait. No. No ears that would be bad. So I'll just paint them on. But I don't have paint. I looked around my room, which I was just sitting on the floor. I looked at my desk and saw a black sharpie.

I got up and walked over to my desk. I also found a few different colours but I choose black. I looked in the mirror and coloured a little black nose. Then I made three whiskers on each cheek. It looked cute. So I just left it on.

I sat down on the chair that was at my desk. Maybe I should go see Dan. He hasn't talked to me in a while. Maybe he saw me looking at his arm. Maybe he thought that I didn't want to talk to him. I don't know what was the matter with him. Got up to head down stairs. "Hey mom ca-" "Oh, Phil! Um a friend of yours came by a few minutes ago. He said he wanted to see you. I told him that I would tell you because I thought you were sleeping. Now what did you want to tell me?"

I was shocked a little. I thought Dan didn't want to see me. "Uh, nothing but can I go to Dan's house?" "Sure thing." At that I got up and left the house. The walk to Dan's wasn't too far and I was there in about 10 minutes. There were no cars I the driveway and I was about to turn around and head home when I saw the door open.

(Dan POV)

It's been a while since I last talked to Phil. I avoided him during school, I never answered his calls, and I barely even looked at him. Yeah, I know I'm a total jerk. But I've been thinking.

If I were to talk to Phil then I probably would've accidentally told him about my feelings. Today I was just feeling really confident. I don't know what it was that made me feel this way. I just needed to tell him. It was time.

So I got up, got dressed, and went to Phil's house. My mum wasn't home and my mum's boyfriend was gone at work. So I had to walk to Phil's. It was only about a ten minute walk. As I was walking I kept thinking of how I would word what I was going to say. I had a good little things wanted to tell him. It sounded good in my head but I don't know how it would sound to Phil.

The whole walk I've been thinking and almost passed Phil's house. I walked up the stairs and to the door. I debated whether to knock or ring the door bell. I've never been the Phil's house. It looked like mine. But all the houses in this neighbourhood looked the same.

I decided to just knock. But no one came. I knocked once more. Finally after three knocks a lady answered the door. I figured that it was probably Phil's mother. "Hello. Can I help you?" She greeted me sweetly. "Yeah, is Phil home?" I asked. "Yes he is, but he's sleeping right now. I'll tell him you stopped by. What's your name?" "Daniel. I'm one of Phil's friends." I told her as I started down the steps. "Alright well have a nice day." I waved goodbye and she shut the door behind me.

Don't ask me how I know where Phil lives. I'm not a crazy stalker. He told me his address because I was supposed to go to his house last weekend but never did. I slowly walked home. It sucks that he was asleep. It seemed like a longer walk than earlier even though it was the same distance.

I headed inside my house and went to my room. I pulled a chair by the window that was facing the street in hopes of Phil coming over. I felt like a sad puppy dog waiting for his owners to come home. I sat there for a while. No one came. My mum wouldn't be home for another hour and a half and my stepdad doesn't come back for about two to three hours. I was bored and I didn't see Phil.

I had my head leant against the window and was fighting to keep my eyes open. I then suddenly saw someone. They walked to the house and stopped at the end of the driveway. It had to be Phil. So I ran down the stairs almost falling and opened the door slowly just as he was beginning to walk away. Thankfully he saw me and headed towards the house.

"Phil?" I called out. He started walking to the door. "Hey. My mum said you stopped by." He told me. "Yeah, I did. So wanna go to my room." He nodded and I shut the door behind him. I followed him up the stairs and Shadow followed behind me.

Phil plopped down on the bed and Shadow jumped up next to him and curled up on his lap. I sat down next to him. My heart was thumping loudly and I began to get nervous. The whole speech thing that I had planned was gone. I couldn't remember what I wanted to say and I couldn't think of a thing. "So..." He began. I knew he was expecting an explanation of why I haven't talked to him or anything. But that could wait. "Phil I need to tell you something." he looked slightly confused. "Uh, ok."

"Phil, I-uh..."

•So what do you think? How do you think Phil will react? To be honest I actually don't know myself. I don't really plan out what I'm going to type. I just type it and whatever I type that's what I publish. Thank you all for reading! You all are my... Uh. I'm not sure what I should call you guys. Oh! I just got. You guys can be my llamas. So as I was saying you all are my little llamas. Stay strange. Never be normal.•
~Meowgravy