Part 3: All These Questions Are Filling My Mind

(Dan POV)

I was laying on my bed trying not to fall asleep. "Daniel! Get your ass down here!" I heard my mum yell. Ugh! I'm just so tired and I don't want to get up. I slowly rolled off my bed and landed on the floor with a thump. I rolled on the floor not wanting to stand. "Dan!" I heard another yell. So this time I got up and walked down stairs. I was curious as to what was so important that they needed me for. I looked at the door that my parents were standing by and saw Phil standing in the door way.

"There's a boy here and he says he is your friend. Why don't you two head up to Dan's room?" My father suggested. I didn't say a word but just walked to the stairs and started climbing them. I soon heard a pair of feet following behind me. I opened the door and let Phil in. He made his way to the edge of my bed and sat down. "Why are you here?" I questioned him.

"Oh, hi. Um I'm here because of the science project that's for school. I thought we could get started on it." He started. "I even brought some supplies." He gestured towards the bag he brought. "Fun." I said whilst laying down on my bed. Great, now I have to deal with this idiot for probably the next week.

We worked I the project quietly. The only time we talked is if we needed to discuss something quickly. We had been working on it for about an hour. "Can we put a pause on this till another day?" I asked. He nodded and I just sat there. "Why do you bother?" I asked and he looked at me with a confused expression.

"Why do you bother with me? Why didn't you just do the project with someone else? Why did you choose me as your partner? Wh-" but I was cut off by him interrupting me. "Whoa, slow down with the questions. One at a time." he did have a point. I was kind of asking a bunch of questions right away. "I just thought that you might have wanted some help. I never see you actually turn in your work on time and I thought we might be able to be friends." He explained. I didn't want friends. I was fine on my own. Plus doesn't he know why everyone picks on me? Why doesn't it disgust him like it does everyone else? Is he gay too? All these questions are filling my mind. Should I tell him? What if he hurts me like the two guys at school, Justin and Kyle? I have to tell him. It's now or never. And I know if I don't do it now I probably won't do it later. I have to tell him. He needs to know. I need to know if I can trust him or if he will just beat me like the others.

I was just about to tell him but then I heard a meow. "What was that?" Phil asked. He looked very confused. Do you remember when I was thinking about my little friend at home? Well that was him. I heard a scratching sound. "Hold on." I told Phil. I got up and opened the door.

Sitting outside of my door looking up at me with its bright green eyes was my kitty. I found him outside on our front porch one day and so I kept him. "Oh my god!" I heard Phil say. "It's so adorable! boy or girl?" He asked. "Boy." "What's his name?" He asked whilst reaching out petting him. "Shadow." "Why? Why did you name him Shadow?" He asked. I wasn't expecting him to ask me this but I just told him why anyways. "Because I found him one morning on our front porch sleeping in the shadowed area on our porch because of the little roof thing above the door." I told him. Shadow was all black and had bright green eyes. Sometimes I even thought he could understand me because he would listen when I told him stuff. Then I suddenly remembered what I was going to talk to Phil about.

(Phil POV)

Daniel, or Dan as his parents call him, and I have been working on this science project for an hour and he finally speaks up. "Can we put a pause on this till another day?" I just nodded. We sat there silently and then he broke the awkward silence once more. "Why do you bother?" He asked me. I was slightly confused as to what he meant. "Why do you bother with me? Why didn't you just do the project with someone else? Why did you choose me as your partner? Wh-" but I cut him off before he could ask any more crazy questions. "Whoa, slow down with the questions. One at a time.I just thought that you might have wanted some help. I never see you actually turn in your work on time and I thought we might be able to be friends." I told him honestly. I looked over at him and noticed he was thinking.

I heard a tiny meow come from the door. "What was that?" I asked curiously looking at the door. Then a scratching sound was heard. "Hold on." He stood up and opened the door. I saw a small black kitten sitting outside the door looking up at Daniel. "Oh my god!" I said trying not scream over how cute the kitten was. "Boy or girl?" I questioned. "Boy." "What's his name?" I asked as I reached out and pet him whilst he was in Daniel's arms. "Shadow." "why? Why did you name him shadow?" I asked. He started explaining why but I barley paid attention which was kind of rude.

I looked at Daniel. He was smiling. I haven't seen him smile since, well, I've never seen him smile before. I also spotted dimples. I set the kitten down on the bed and continued petting him. But then his smile dropped and he looked up at me. He looked scared or sad. "Are you okay Daniel?" I asked. "It's not Daniel. It just Dan." He corrected me. "Phil can we talk about something?" He asked me and I nodded.

•I just love cats and so I had to make sure that there was a cat in this story. I couldn't think of a good name so I just picked Shadow. I'm not good at choosing names. Please leave comments of what you liked or disliked. I'll try to update as soon as I can. The problem is that I'm not around wifi a lot so I can't update all the time. Meow for now.• ~Meowgravy