1: Forgetting the Murder

In the story she is telling it as she is looking back. A small part at the start of every chapter will be written in the present tense then the rest in past tense. You will understand when you read it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up, for the third time this night. I couldn't sleep. The worst day I'll ever experience in my life is tomorrow. I don't want to sleep. Sleep wastes time. If I sleep the morning will come even quicker. I have to remember. I don't want to go forward. I want to go back, back to when it started.

***

I was driving home from work at the hospital, I was just training to become a nurse at this stage and I was finding it very tedious. It was just like a normal day, though when I heard that there was a traffic jam on the main road I decided to take a shortcut.

I was driving down a lonely country road when my car stopped. I tried turning it on again but no such luck. The damn battery was flat.

"Stupid Emily leaving my radio on!" I said to myself as I raked my fingers through my long, brown hair.

My sister, Emily turned seventeen this year and was always borrowing my car to practise her driving. I cursed myself for even thinking about trying to drive down a deserted road, and even more for not listening to the low battery warnings.

I ruffled through my handbag, looking for my mobile. When I found it I tried to call Emily. No credit, typical. Suddenly, I could hear an engine roaring from behind me. I jumped out of my car and stood at the side of the road. I stuck my hand out, in an attempt to get the car to stop. 

"Hey! Hey! Stop!" I yelled as the car neared me.

The car slowed slightly, but sped up again once it had reached me. I sighed in defeat before sliding back into the driver's seat of my car.

I thought about work and mentally tested myself on what I had learned today. Then my train of thought switched to my mum and dad, and how they were constantly trying to find me a boyfriend. I cringed at the memory of the people Mum had suggested for me. The joys of being twenty-four and living with your parents.

I sat in my car for over an hour, drumming my fingers against the dashboard hoping another car would show up sooner or later. No car did, so much for a shortcut.

Eventually I had to look for help. I got out of my car, the cold air nipping my skin as I stood outside. The only place I could go was into the forest. Well, it was worth a shot. Maybe it would be a small forest, and there would be a small town, or even a house, at the other end. I could only hope.

I didn't have any idea what I was looking for, or what I was going to do when I found any part of civilisation. All I know is that what I found, didn't come into my mind at all.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first part uploaded! it maybe starts of a bit slow, but keep reading and i promise you it will get so much better! with loads of twists and mysteries to keep you entertained:)

Abby Winston to the side >>

this story is dedicated to Caitlin and Ciara. Thank you for the ideas!<3