Chapter 16

Chapter 16...

Mummy’ I heard a little soft voice.. it was Shilah, I felt the force of her leaning over my head.

‘Why you crying mummy, I drew you a picture’ She said while placing her hand on my head. I wiped my eyes and looked at her, my eyes were puffy and sore and I could just about see her.

‘Why you still up Shy? Its late’ I said trying to act normal.

‘I wanted to give you the picture I made you. I used the paints daddy brought me. Look its me, you, daddy, Lahraya and the baby in your tummy’ She said while pointing at the picture and smiling.

‘Am I having a baby brother or sister’ She said with a big grin on her face. I just looked at her and burst into tears while she looked at me confused.

‘Don’t you like the picture mummy? Do you miss daddy? I miss him too’ She said looking upset and confused.

‘No baby the picture is lovely. Yes I miss daddy he will be home soon’ I said while taking her and leading her back to your room.

‘I will put your picture up in mine and daddys room its very nice, thankyou’ I tucked her into bed and gave her a kiss.

‘I love you mummy, dont worry daddy will be home soon. You can stay with teddy, he helps me when I miss daddy’ She said while handing me her teddy. I took it from her and held it to my chest.

‘Thank you darling, I love you too. Good night now see you in the morning’ I kissed her on the forehead and covered Lahraya who was fast asleep and kissed her on her forehead.

While I was walking back to my room Luke was walking up the stairs. He looked at me remorsefully. ‘Tish.. Dre’s on the phone’ I looked at him. I was afraid. I didn’t know what to say.

‘He doesn’t know’ Luke whispered. I took a deep breath.

‘Heey Dre baby!’ I said trying to sound normal.

‘Yooo babes! You sound upset whats up?’ He replied. Ohh shiit I thought

‘Nothing, im just tried’ I replied

‘Luke not looking after you nah?’He said jokingly

‘Yeeh he is, I just woke up early’ I lied

‘How’s my three angels and the little one’ He asked.

‘Umm Dre.. i..’ I struggled to get the words out.

‘Naahh babes, let me go first! I got good news! Ill be home before the end of this week’ He said soundly really happy.

‘WHAT? HOW!’ I said shocked

‘Ill explain when I get back. Just look after yourself and the baby and my girls till I get home and look after all 4 of you. I cant wait to see you baby! Ive missed you soo much’

‘Yeeh sounds great, ive missed you too’ I said nervously

‘Soo what did you wanna tell me?’ He asked

‘Umm.. Im just missing you babe’ I lied.

‘I miss you too, ill ring you when I’m out.. the phones ganna cut out any second now... love you tish’ He said then the phone cut off, I hanged up the phone.

‘I love you too’ I whispered to myself. I looked at Luke, who didn’t know what to say or do.

‘You hungry?’ He asked.

‘No...Thanks’ I replied

‘So you didn’t tell him?’ Luke said, unsure of how I would respond. I just shook my head and walked into my room.