Los Angeles or Bust

Madison's POV

My alarm rings and I surprisingly wake up with a smile on my face.  I barely slept the night before cause I was so excited!

iMessage

To: Matt

I barely slept! So excited!! Can't wait to see you and begin life with you! Love you!

I rush downstairs and finish putting my stuff in the moving truck.  I rush back inside and hug my parents. "Bye! I'll miss you both so much!!" 

"We'll miss you too Madison! Be careful and safe!"

"And don't forget to look at colleges!!" My dad adds.

"I won't I promise!!! Love you and thanks for everything! I've gotta go or I'll be late to pick up Matt."  I pull out of my drive way and see my parents waving and my mom breaking down in tears.  A cold tear runs down my cheek.  I was happy to start my life but I was going to miss them like CRAZY!!!  RING RING!!

"Hello?"

"Mado! So Cam just called me and said that he called Shawn last night and apparently it went right to voicemail.  And well you know Shawn! He always answers his phone and on the rare chance that he doesn't, he will call back like half an hour later but he didn't! I really need to know what the fuck is going on with that loser!!!!!!"

I was confused.  I had known Shawn for four years and he had always been a decent guy! How could he hurt Sara like this! And he didn't even have the decency to call her or Cameron back!!!  After hanging up with Lauren, I was ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS!!  I pulled into Matt's driveway and slammed my door on the way our of the truck and let out a groan.

"Whoa! Calm down! I come bearing blueberry muffins!" shouts Matt, holding the muffins in front of him in defense.  I laugh but the smile quickly disappears from my face.  I explain to Matt what Lauren just told me, hoping that he will have better news or maybe a call from Shawn.   He put his arm around me and pulled me in close.  "Come on. We are going to drive to his house and investigate."  We head back inside to tell his parents goodbye.  Then we rushed over to Shawn's.  We rang his doorbell and waited.

"He's probably not coming!" I yelled.  Matt held up one finger signaling me to wait.  Then the door slowly opened and strand of blonde hair peeked out.  I pushed the door open and there stood a tall blonde girl wearing Shawn's plaid shirt and socks.  Matt's expression changed to anger.  "Where is Shawn?!" he shouted at her.

"What's going on?" Shawn asks as he peeks behind her. Then his eyes widened and he look scared, as he should be.

Lauren's POV

"Hey Cam! Ready for today?"

"Of course! You're coming with the moving truck right??"

"Totally! Hey quick question! Have you talked to Shawn?"

"Well I tried calling him but he didn't bother answering or calling me back as he always does! Screw that asshole!"

"Agreed! See ya later! Love ya!"

"Okay. Love you too!"

I was so furious! How could Shawn do this to Sara especially THIS close to our LA departure that we had been talking about for MONTHS!!  I texted Beara to see how she was.  Poor thing!  After finishing my packing, I decided it was time to head off.  My parents came out to our driveway as I shut the back of the truck. I ran up and hugged them! I was going to miss them!! Both of their eyes were teary.

"We got you something.  It's just a good luck gift.  Buy some nice furniture and send LOTS of pictures! And call us as soon as you arrive in LA!" My mother says as she hands me an envelope with $200 inside of it!