Our Lives in Boxes

Madison's POV

"Hey Mom! Have you seen my blue Vans?" I yell from my room. Today is packing day and I am packing my life into boxes. I am both sad and excited. I am excited for a new beginning with the greatest friends and to be with the man of my dreams. But I am sad to leave the only place I have ever known. I am sad to leave my parents and my home. I continue packing and finally have all my belongings in boxes. Now it was time for my furniture. Matt shows up with our large Budget truck that both of us will be using.

"Hey Matty! Got all your stuff packed?" I asked.

"Pretty much! You?" he says as he puts his fingers in his pockets and sways back and forth.

"I need some help with taking my bed apart. Reading the instructions is like trying to read a foreign language!" I shout.

"I'll help ya! I'm pretty fluent in foreign instructions," he smirks. He comes in and starts to examine them with his confused eyes. I bring him a cup of coffee and lay my head on his shoulder. He turns to me and pulls my lips close to his. He grabs my waist and starts to kiss me, pulling me in close so our hips touch. I wrap my hands on his and push my lips on his. He breaks away and lays his forehead on mine. "Come with me. I have a surprise for you!" he whispers to me.

"What is it?" I ask curiously. He covers his mouth as if saying "My lips are sealed." I roll my eyes and he takes my hand. We get in my car and I hand him the keys. He pops a CD in the player. It sounds like one of Shawn's songs. I listen to the lyrics intently and realize the story sounds a lot like Matt and me.

"What is this?" I say gesturing to the CD player.

"It's Shawn's new songs called Strings. He wrote it about us." He says as he smiles at me and grabs my hand. We drive a little ways and end up at Edison Park. What the hell were we doing at a park? Matt comes over to my door. "Turn around." he says. I do so and he places a blindfold on my eyes.

"Is this really necessary?" I ask.

"Definitely! We don't want to ruin the surprise!" He grabs my hand and guides me along the grass. "Okay! You ready?"

"YAS!!" I shout.

"Okay okay! 1.....2....3!" He removes the blindfold and I am amazed. Before me lies a white and red checkered blanket and a basket. On the blanket, plates are laid out holding bread and butter along with grapes. There is a music player and next to that is two champagne glasses and an expensive bottle holding the golden liquor. There is a vase holding my favorite flower, yellow lilies with a note tied to it using purple ribbon. The tree next to the blanket has golden lights wrapped up the trunk. On one of its branches is two string, one yellow and one blue, represented our favorite colors and they are intertwined. "Do you like?" he asks from behind me.

"Like? I love it!" I run into his arms and hold him tight. He grabs my hand and takes me to the blanket. He pops open the bottle on expensive champagne and pour it into the glasses. "Where did you get this beauty?" I ask.

"I have friends in high places!" he smirks. He lifts his glass and says, "Cheers to us. Cheers to this night. Cheers to LA. Cheers to our love." Our glasses chime and we both take a drink. It tastes amazing and smooth.

"I'm gonna want more of that!" I smile. We talk for hours about our lives and the day we met. We talk about what we want from the future and all our biggest dreams. We munch on the bread and grapes as we gaze up at the beautiful stars in the sky. Suddenly, the sprinklers turn on and blast us! I grab the champagne and my lilies and make a run for it. Matt wraps up the blanket and grabs the music player and food. We run over to a nearby awning and place our stuff there.