ICU

Lauren's POV

I wake up to the sound of plates banging and the sink running. What were my mom and dad doing here? They should be at work! And I knew it DEFINITELY wasn't my sister cause she was at her friends house. I headed to the bathroom and washed my face to help wake me up. After I turned off the sink, I heard the coffeemaker brewing. COFFEE!!!

I ran down the stairs and slid across the wood floor to the entry of the kitchen. It wasn't my mom, dad, Regan (My sister); it was Cam! "Oh my gosh! Are you making me breakfast Chef Cameron?" I say raising my eyebrow.

"Yes mam! And your coffee is almost done as well Madame!" he smiled. I kiss his cheek and grab us some coffee mugs. I pour the coffee in the mugs along with the creamer and sweetener.

"So what's on the menu Chef?" I ask.

"Well, I scrambled some eggs and cooked some turkey bacon with a side of toast." he answered in a French accent.

"Oh! So gourmet!" I teased. He laughed and sipped his fresh coffee. I walked over to him and kissed his cheek. We talked while he finished up breakfast and went over all the plans for our trip.

"Breakfast is served! Bon Appetite!" he said in his French accent.

I took a bite and said, "Have you ever considered being a chef? This is amazing!"

"Thanks babe! I don't think I'd make a great chef though," he said.

"Why not?"

"Well I kinda burned the eggs twice before this!" he said as he gave me a nervous look. I laughed and continued eating my eggs. Suddenly the home phone started ringing. I ran over to it and pressed talk.

"Hello, this is St. Ann's Hospital. Are you a friend of Madison Dolan or Matthew Espinosa?" asked a female voice.

"Yes I know both of them. Why what's going on? Are they hurt? What happened?!" I shouted at her as my voice and hands shook. Cam looked at me in a confused voice and walked over to comfort me.

"Please calm down mam! They were in a car accident last night. They are currently being treated in ICU," she replied.

"What?! Can we come see them?" I asked as tears fell down my red cheeks.

"Unfortunately only family is allowed in the ICU. But you are welcome to come and visit their family in the waiting room."

"NO! I want to see my friends! You can't just keep me from seeing them!" Now my voice started to go hoarse.

"I'm sorry mam. It is hospital policy. Goodbye mam."

I slammed the phone down and fell to my knees as I started to ball. Cam fell down beside me and tried to calm me so I could tell him what happened. Once I somewhat controlled myself, I mumbled, "Matt and Madison are in ICU after a car accident last night." Cam's eyes started to tear up. He really cared for both of them and Matt was one of his best friends. "Let's go there now!" I demanded. I needed to see them someway! I didn't care what that nurse said, I was getting in there!

I walked out to the car and hopped in. I was in my Victoria Secret sweat pants and a Pink Floyd t-shirt but I didn't care! I needed to see them! I sped out of the driveway like a crazy person! "Woah! Calm down Laura! It's gonna be okay!"

"No it isn't! We aren't allowed to go into ICU! We won't be able to see them!" I cried.

"Not unless... We do something very illegal!" he suggested.

Sara's POV

I was munching on some Honey Nut Cheerios when my phone started to ring. It was Laura. "Hey Laura! What's up? Enjoy yourself at the party last night?"

"Beara! Matt and Madison are in ICU! They got in a car accident last night!" Laura cried. I dropped my spoon and it banged on the floor.

"What?!"

"We are on our way to St. Ann's now. Meet us there ASAP! And bring Shawn!" She hung up the phone and I sat there in shock. I couldn't take it! My mom walked in the kitchen.

"Sara? Sara?! You okay?! SARA?!" She ran over to me and tried to get me to speak.

"M-Ma-Madison and Matt are in I-ICU!" I stuttered.

"WHAT?! Are they gonna be okay?" she asked. I shrugged. She ran and grabbed her keys and purse.

"I'm gonna drive you to the hospital! You call Shawn!" She yelled as she walked out to the garage. I dialed Shawn's number and explained the whole story to him in five words.

"Matt and Madison are in ICU! Shawn, please get to the hospital ASAP!" I hung up before he could say anything and we drove to the hospital. When we arrived, Shawn had just pulled in next to us. He ran over to me and we hugged. I started to ball in his arms.

He pulled me in front of him and said, "They'll be okay!" as he gave me a reassuring smile. We walked into the hospital holding hands. Lauren and Cameron waited for us at the front of the hospital. I ran over to her and gave her a hug. Under her eyes were dark circles and she wore her pajamas.

"Guess we're in the same attire!" she said as she let a smile upon her sad face. My mom decided to head off and find Madison and Matt's parents while we waited in the lobby.

"We NEED to see them! Cam's got a plan! Okay, so one of us will fake and injury and everyone will run over to them as the rest of us sneak in!"

"Well first off, that is completely illegal and second, that means one of us doesn't get to see them and that just isn't fair," I said. We all stood there and contemplated. Then Cameron took out his phone and dialed a number.

"Hey Taylor!" he said, "Can you do me a favor? Yeah okay! So meet me at St. Ann's Hospital in five? Okay great! Thanks man!" he ended the call and turned to all of us. "Okay so Taylor is going to be our man and he'll fake the injury. We got this guys!"

"I don't know," I said, "this seems like a bad idea!"

"Come on Beara do you wanna see them or not?!" Lauren pleaded. I stood there and contemplated on it.

"Fine! I'll join in! But, if we get caught, I'm blaming all of you!" I stated. After I said this, Taylor headed in the door. He greeted Cam and Shawn and we went over the plan. Laura was supposed to announce that Taylor had apparently fainted. Then, we would all sneak into the room. "Wait! What is the room number?"

"It's 307. Madison's parents texted me and I asked them!" Laura responded. We all got in the elevator and went to level four where the ICU was located. We got out of the elevator and Taylor locked his knees and fell back on the ground. "Oh my gosh! This guy just fainted over here! Can we get some help please!" yelled Laura. She was a really good actress! As we suspected, all the nurses ran over to him and we snuck down the hallway. We walked all the way down the hall and finally reach 307. Cameron pushed the door open and we saw both of them laying on the hospital beds hooked to a million different machines. Both of them had scars on their faces and Madison's right arm had a cast on it. Matt had no casts but was put on a breathing tube. We all stood there and looked at them in shock.

Were they gonna be okay?!

"Excuse me! Are you family?! I don't think so! None of you are supposed to be here!" a male nurse said, "Follow me!" We all followed behind him. When we arrived at the front desk, he said, "Nurse Loraine, please make sure that none of these kids make it back up here again. Take them back downstairs and escort them out!" She took us to the elevator and practically shoved us out the hospital doors!

"Well now what?" asked Shawn.