Family Day

Sara's POV

"Hey Sara! How about we go do something as a family today!" my mom suggests.

"BOWLING!" Becca yells from her bedroom.  I turn to my mom and nod my head.  Sounds good to me! I go to my room and put on some jeans and a t-shirt. Suddenly my phone buzzes on my night stand.  I run over and grab it.  

iMessage

Group

Lauren: HEY GUYS! My family and a couple of our friends are meeting up for dinner tonight as a good bye type of thing.  It would be amazing if you guys could come!! Lemme know!

"MOM!" I yell.  "CAN WE GO TO DINNER TONIGHT AFTER BOWLING WITH-"

"Sara don't yell! What?" my mother says. 

"After bowling can we go to dinner??" I begged.  My mother stared at me for a minute and finally gave in.  "YES!!!"

iMessage

To: Shawn

PLEEEZZZ tell me your COMING!!!

I rush to the car and we drive to the bowling alley.  My phone buzzes.

iMessage

Shawn

Hey! Sorry can't come.  Have to go to dinner with my parents. I'll see you tomorrow..

What?! I thought his parents were in Chicago for the weekend?! What was going on!?  What was he hiding?!

I tried to forget it but I couldn't.  Shawn would and hasn't ever lied to me! 

"You okay Sara?" my sister asks.  I nod my head, afraid that I'll just break down trying to speak.  When we get to the bowling alley, I try to take a few deep breaths.  It's going to be okay! 

I can't seem to contain myself and end up running to the bathroom so I shut myself away.  I lock the stall door and fall to the ground.  I'm completely over reacting! Its fine! I don't even know the whole story!

 I manage to pull myself together and head our to find my family.  My mom waves me over.  "Here Sara! We got you some shoes!"  During the entire game, I try to focus on something besides Shawn.  At the end of the game, I managed to end up in last place.  "Something wrong Sara? You don't seem like your competitive self," my dad jokes.  I just nod my head again.  

"I need to make a call. I'll meet you guys at the car." I pull out my phone. My shaky fingers are shockingly able to dial Shawn's cell.  I put the phone up to my ear and try to breath.  After a few rings, I hear a female voice say, "Hello?"

My chin trembles.   It's probably his mom or sister!

"Who is this?" I ask.

I hear Shawn's voice in the background. "Who is it Savanna?"

SAVANNA?! THAT WASN'T HIS SISTER'S OR HIS MOTHER'S NAME!!!!!!

 I quickly hung up and then I really broke down.  I decided to text my fam and tell them I had I ride from Mado, even though I didn't, and that we were gonna go get coffee.  They pulled away and I called Mado.  

"Hello Beara!! So you and Shawn coming tonight?"

I burst into tears.  

"Beara!? What is wrong?!"