Getting Closer.

• 3 months later •

I feel like my life has turned from

upside down to right side up these past few days. Me and Zayn have been hanging out a bit more since we broke up, but I know he can tell how uncomfortable I am still with the idea. He just acts like we were always friends, like we were never together. Since my first single came out, its been number one on the charts. I've been doing tons of photoshoots, and i'm working on my first album.

I've been spending a lot of time with Justin lately, and i'm really growing to like him, I just don't know if he feels the same way. Since we're both making music, traveling, its easy for us to see eachother. Zayn, on the other hand, not much. He's living the normal life, while I'm taking it up step by step. I already have 2 million followers on twitter. I'm starting to feel as though the more I get closer to Justin, the farther apart I get from Zayn. Right now I just landed in the LAX airport. It looks so nice. Passing by I see Chris Brown with his bodyguard, and I nearly faint.

There's a limo waiting for me. I greet the chauffeur , and we step out into the baking sun of LA. The warm sun felt good against my skin, and my bright redish-orange (it was more orange), hair glistened in the light. And yes, I dyed my hair orange. Its funny because its been 3 months since me and Zayn weren't together anymore, but in headlines, paps are taking pictures of me and him when we actually do hang out, and question if he's my boyfriend or not. I was in town for the red carpet, because the VMAs were premiering live tonight. My phone was ringing, and it was Zayn calling. I answered it as I was stepping into the limo and closed the door.

"Hello?"

"What's up Mel?"

"On my way to the hotel, what are you doing Zayn?"

"Oh I'm with the boys, posting videos on YouTube"

"Videos of what Zayn?"

"Of us singing, we decided we want to be famous too, we've already gotten more than 700,000 views!" he exclaimed.

"That's great! I could help out if you want!"

"No, we're good. With hard work comes great rewards, gotta go, bye!" he said rushing me off of the phone. I shook my head smiling, and put my hand to my heart. A few nights ago, he confessed his love to me, and told me he regretted how we met, and that he was an asshole. We were literally on the phone from 9:42pm till 5:59am. That was literally the most emotional night of my life, that I will never forget. I arrived at my hotel, the Marriot, and I was granted the Presidential Suite, with a penthouse view. A few fans, or Melonators, squealed in excitement and asked for pictures and a twitter follow, as I was walking towards the elevators. I couldn't refuse, so I gave them what they wanted, and was in the elevator on my merry way to the top floor.

I gasped in excitement as I opened the doors to my suite. It was AMAZING. A double king sized bed was in the room to my right, with a tall refridgerator with TONS OF snacks, food, and beverages. There was a HUGE Samsung flatscreen in the center of the room, and a bar with Hennesy, Ciroque, Vodka, and Red Baron. In the back there was a gift basket with chocolate GALOUR, and an elegant, HUGE bathtub, with bathsalts, and roses. I dropped my things and plopped down onto the bed. I took a small ten minute nap, and then woke up, with outstretched hands. I stepped out onto the deck, and sighed in relief, looking at the view. I had 480,000 followers on instagram, so I decided to post a picture. I tool a picture of the landscaping and put as the caption, 'My Viewstagram?'.

I decided to go last minute shopping and look for a dress to wear. I called up my chauffeur, and he drove me to this exquisite boutique. There were dresses that were absolutely stunning, but it was this ONE, that caught my eye. It was a simple, long flowy strapless black dress, and the back was cut out into the shape of a heart. I took it to the register, and it turned out to be 98.56. I went to Target, *Yes, some famous people shop cheaply*, and bought some black sandals with a golden rim around them and a golden bar surrounding the straps. After I finished shopping, I took a look at my phone, and there was a text from Justin saying, 'Go back to your hotel room, I have a surprise for you there. :)'.

The whole ride back, I kept wondering what the surprise would be. I rushed through the hotel and up to my room, quickly swiping the key card. As I opened the door and closed it, locking it behind me, I looked around until my eyes caught the kitchen area. There was chicken alfredo neatly placed on 2 plates, candles lit, flowers, a box of chocolates, and another box elegantly wrapped. Justin slowly came from around the corner smiling softly, dressed nicely. "I told you it was a surprise.." he said, and slid my chair out for me.

"Oh Justin...." I whispered ardorly, taking a seat. He sat in his chair across from mine and just watched me while I ate. "How does it taste?" "Its fantastic, did you make this Justin?" "Yeah, I'm glad you like it" he said. After we finished eating, we dug into the box of chocolates. "So why are you in town?" I asked, laying next to him in my bed as we watched TV. "Same reason you are" he said. "VMAS?" "Yeah.." he said.

We sat there and talked for a little while, until he broke the silence. "There's something I have to tell you Melody..." "What is it Justin?" "I think, I'm falling in love with you..." he whispered. Before I got a chance to say anything, he quickly pulled me into a passionate kiss. I was startled for a bit, but eventually gave into it. He ran his fingers through my hair, tracing his hand down my back. I locked my fingers onto the back of his neck, getting deeper with the kiss. He wrapped his other arm around my waist, pulling me onto his lap. I stopped it before it could go any further.

"I think its too early...." I whispered, removing myself from him. "Yeah, your right, sorry. But hey, I gotta go anyway, gotta prepare for tomorrow night" he said and kissed me goodbye. I walked him to the door, giving him one last kiss, and then closed it behind him. I walked over to the balcony, and silently wept, thinking about Zayn.

" You used to captivate me by your resonating light Now, I'm bound by the life you left behind Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears And I held your hand through all of these years But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone But though you're still with me, I've been alone all along..."

I sung quietly , wiping my tears. I walked back into the room, closing the patio doors. I plopped into my bed and sighed, thinking myself to sleep. I woke up this next morning to a light shuffle, and opened my eyes to see Zayn.

"ZAYN WHAT THE HELL, WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?! How did you get here?! How did you KNOW I was here?" I shrieked.

"Well, you told me you were staying at the Marriot, guess it was luck that you were at this one, and I had to convince the receptionist that I wasn't a crazy obsessed fan, and he gave me the room key, but thats not why i'm here...."

"Why are you here?.."

"Because...I....I...."

Hah! Cliffhanger!