Chapter 17: Who is she to you Arnold ..?

Arnold and Helga gazed into one another's eyes as they pulled away from the passionate sweet kiss they just finished sharing.They both blushed as they quickly looked away feeling shy. After  what seemed like forever they looked at each other still blushing as Arnold took her hand into his. "Helga ...?" he started as she looked into his jungle fever green eyes replying "yes Arnold ?" in her sweetest voice. "Will you be my gi-" he was interrupted by his grandfather bursting into the room "Hey Shortman, there you are ..." his grandfather trailed off seeing his grandson and the girl with the one eyebrow and big pink bow HOLDING HANDS ?! Phil stared for a moment clearing his throat leaving silently. 

Arnold and Helga blushed looking away from each other starting to feel shy. Arnold smiled softly "sorry about that Helga , I guess everyone's back from vacation early" he explained taking her hand and leading her out of hid room. Helga looked at him puzzled and curious what he was going to ask her in his bedroom. She stopped dead in her tracks in the hallway since Arnold was holding her hand he noticed she stopped moving. "What's wrong Helga?" he asked being his usual goody-two shoes self. Helga furrowed her brow as she looked down rubbed her other arm feeling shy."w-what was it you were going to ask me ..?" she asked taking a peek at Arnold. Arnold looked at her blushing as red as a cherry. "o-oh um.. its nothing important." he said looking away. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnold's P.O.V.

'I should have told her that I loved her ...SOMETHING' he thought to himself seeing the blonde beauty working on some drawing for our project that'd due in two days.Arnold sighed realizing he was actually growing bored with their "friendly relationship". He's loved Helga for what seemed like forever. All these years he's just been denying his feelings for Helga , knowing deep down inside he's always loved her just as much as she loved him.He sighed heavily continuing to work on the project as Helga walked over to him. Helga leaned close to him knowing that she only wanted to tease him and mess with him. Arnold laughed as he watched her "Helga what are you doing ?" he asked her feeling her body heat giving off of her beautiful figure. Helga looked at him sweetly as if she wasn't messing with him in any way. "Whatever do you mean Arnold ?" she asked in her ever so sweet voice. That's when something clicked in his brain . 'wait a minute ... does this mean ... on valentine's day when I was in the 4th grade that... Helga was pretending to be Cecil that night ?' he thought to himself as he shook his head smiling. "Helga how long have you liked me liked me ?" he asked her as he pulled her close feeling bold all of sudden and full of confidence. 

Helga was blushing a light pink rosy shade in the face of course. "A very long time..." the beautiful blonde maiden admitted to the blonde corn haired prince. Arnold blushed as well feeling himself growing weak in the knees, Although they were sitting down at the table in the middle of Arnold's room. Arnold smirked as Helga turned her back to him, Arnold pulled her close and turned her head to her right as he leaned in to kiss her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helga and Arnold went their separate ways and oddly enough they both were laying in their beds staring at popcorn ceiling. Both blondes couldn't get their minds off what happened today. Arnold kissed Helga twice all in one day. They've been on a few dates which was unbelievably great, and a dream come true for Helga. There was something that was bugging them though, the fact that they don't know who they are to one another.It was 12 o'clock midnight and he just couldn't sleep because they didn't exactly clarify who they were to each other. Arnold didn't exactly tell Helga hoe he felt but he sure as heck showed it . "damn it !" he cursed at himself in a quiet whisper wishing he was better at this whole romance thing.

After what seemed like forever Arnold finally drifted off to sleep. As they both dreamed about each other being together in so many ways possible they were interrupted by their alarm clocks. 'Just great ...' they both thought in sync as they got up to get ready for school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helga's P.O.V.

Helga walked to school with Phoebe just as she does every morning unless she wakes up late that is. As soon as they got to the school everyone was gathered around the school for some odd reason. "what's going on ?" Phoebe asked in her sweet squeaky voice that sounded ever so sweet to only one guy-Gerald. " I don't know Phebes but let's check it out" she said walking with her best friend closer to the crowd of students. As soon as they pushed their way through the crowd , mainly Helga as Phoebe followed behind. When they through the crowd everyone was staring at a Lila in Arnold's face questioning him about Helga. For once she didn't look ever so happy and sweet, she honestly looked vexed and heartbroken ? Arnold saw Helga and looked over at her a bit worried , it's almost as if he wished she didn't catch this moment. "ARNOLD ANSWER THE QUESTION, OR I WILL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING NOT EVER SO NICE !" Lila shrieked with such rage as she stared at Arnold. Suddenly Helga's eyes met Lila's as Lila smirked "ooooh ? look who it is ! it's little miss i'm gonna steal other girls crushes " she scolded as she walked over close to Helga grabbing her arm. "Hey what heck ?! Get you hands off of me before I pound ya !" Helga roared defensively as she tried to pull her hand out of her grasps. Successful, Helga pulled her arm outta her grasps as she walked over to Arnold "what's her problem ?!" she asked him finding herself annoyed with the situation she was put in. That's when Lila stepped in pushing Helga out of the way "who is Helga G. Pataki to you Arnold ?!" she screamed at him some more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnold's P.O.V.  

After a while Arnold just couldn't take it anymore as the words began to ring in his ears. 'who is Helga to me..?' he thought to himself for a few seconds as he sighed in defeat realizing he shouldn't ignore his feelings for her any longer. "Who is she to you Arnold ...?" Lila asked again finally getting the answer she wasn't expecting to say. "She's my girlfriend " Arnold finally spoke up as he took Helga's hand repeating himself "Helga G. Pataki is my girlfriend ,and that's who she is to me. " he said confidently as he pecked her lips in front of everyone in the school. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SweetJazzCandy: Hey Guys and Gals ! I'm glad I updated today. I know my writing is kinda slacking a bit but hopefully I will continue to improve. I hope you guys like this chapter , give me your feedback of course its heavily appreciation. Thanks again and hope you guys have a night day/night/afternoon. 

<3 SweetJazzCandy Out! <3