Chapter 2: Frenemies

"Helga?!" Arnold said in shock as he stared into her beautiful blue sapphire eyes. "a-a-Arnold?" Helga repeated after him " What are you doing here football head, I thought you moved away.." she trailed off as her heart pounded loudly.

Helga's P.O.V.

'My one true love has returned...?' she thought to herself, her thoughts being interrupted " I just got back actually.. yesterday afternoon" he replied smiling softly "It's good to see you, Helga,." Helga played as her usual self not wanting to show her true feelings. "Yeah whatever, just because you're back in town because you've been gone for 5 years doesn't mean we're going to be friends bucko!" she yelled at him in a whispered tone. Arnold smirked thinking to himself ' same old Helga, she hasn't changed at all' Arnold sighed as he frowned " Yeah, whatever you say Helga" he said as he turned away taking out his notebook and a pencil to work on the morning assignment.The morning bell rings signaling that all students should be in their classrooms.The teacher clears her throat "Alright class, begin the morning assignment and be sure to welcome Arnold Shortman to our class."Class goes on to its boring usual self of course all the girls in the classroom are gawking over how handsome Arnold is.*Sighs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helga sighs as she looks over the corner of her eyes staring at Arnold thinking about how she used to have the biggest crush on that annoying goody-two-shoes football head.'If only I was nicer to you, If only I could tell you how I feel..I wonder if he ..' The bell interrupts her thoughts as it rings proudly signaling the students to go to their next class."Alright class see you tomorrow and If you didn't finish the assignment, then you must do it for homework" Arnold got up and put his things away. Helga looked over at Arnold and smiled shyly " Hey, umm..Arnold?" Arnold turned his attention towards Helga surprised she even talked to him."Yeah Helga?" he asked still putting his things away."Hey..Since you're still new to 220, I'll show you around to your classes." she offered nervously as she scratched the back of her head.Arnold smiled in shock "gosh, thanks, Helga. I'm surprised you even offered" he said grabbing the rest of his things "Helga, you can be pretty nice" Helga blushed cutely as she walks with him to his next class going off of his schedule. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnold's P.O.V.

As Arnold and Helga walked to his next class together Arnold thought to himself as he smiled ' Wow..Helga is actually being nice to me, sure  she has her moments when she wants to yell at me and call me football  head, but she can actually be pretty cool.' "Arnold? It looks like we have the same 4 classes." Arnold sighed trying to sound annoyed but deep down he was somewhat relieved. " Oh...Yeah?" he said sounding disappointed "Listen up hair boy, this still doesn't make us friends !" Helga says annoyed as she flips her hair and walks inside the classroom. Arnold sighs slightly annoyed "whatever you say, Helga" he says going inside of the classroom sitting far away from her taking out his other journal and began writing about what it was like being away from his friends. Being in English 3 with Helga meant she was going to show off her creative skills when it came to words. Arnold found himself thinking of Helga for some strange reason, he shook his head trying to get hid friend/enemy out of his  head.'She became so beautiful since the last time I saw her...' he thought to himself until he felt a spitball hit the side of his head. Arnold turned his head annoyed knowing exactly who targeted him. 'HELGA'he thought practically yelling in his mind " Will you cut it out ?!" he whispered from across the room. Helga laughed teasing him " No way football head" she whispered back as she continued to spit spitballs at him. 'just like old times..' he thought ' I guess Helga still hates me but she's no sweet tart herself' he thought as he continued to ignore her and do his work.

SweetJazzCandy: Hey guys, thanks again for taking the chance to read my story. I hope I did a little bit better this time, I'm trying to get in touch and relate to the characters while trying to make the story interesting. Anyway, be sure to comment and suggest anything that you think might help the story out a little bit. See you guys next time! <3

(This Chapter has been edited)