Chapter 18

Delly's POV

I lay on my couch. I don't do anything. I'm bored as hell. Suddenly, someone rings the doorbell. I smirk.

"Coming!" I call out. I open the door and see Peeta standing there. Just who I was hoping for. "Hey, Peeta! Come in."

"Hey, Delly." He says and gives me a hug.

"Let's sit." I say and we sit on the couch.

"Delly, I'm going to go straight to the point. The other night after you left, Katniss came to see me. She told me that she loves me and wants to be with me. I told her that I was not sure who I loved. Her or gosh. But I have decided who I love. Now, it was a hard thing to do but I finally did." He takes a deep breath while I hold back a smirk knowing there's no way he'll choose that Seam Rat over me. "I choose Katniss."

"What?!" I yell in shock.

"I'm sorry but I believe that Katniss is the one for me." He says pitifully.

"How could you choose that Seam Rat over me?!"

"Don't call her that! I finally get my chance to be with her! I thought you'd be happy for me!"

"But she broke your heart! I picked up the pieces! I fixed you! Now you're gonna go and get it broken again?!"

"She won't do it again!"

"Whatever. Just don't come crying to me when she does." I say. He grabs his jacket and leaves.

"Goodbye, Delly." He says monotone. I close the door after him.

I go to my room, slamming the door shut and fall to my bed crying. I cry and cry until my eyes are red and my voice is raspy.  I can't believe he chose her over me. What does she have that I don't. I just don't get it. Suddenly I get mad at that Seam rat. How could she steal my man? Mark my words Katniss Everdeen:

You will pay for this.