Chapter 5

Delly's POV

What is this that I'm feeling? This feeling of butterflies in my stomach? Of sparks on my skin every time we touch? How his laugh makes me giddy? I know what this feeling is. They question is why am I feeling this towards Peeta? I can't be in love with my best friend. Plus, he is in love with someone else.

If I think about it, though, we could work out. We are so good together. We bring the best out of one another. We are best friends. I always wanted to marry my best friend, though I never said it thinking of Peeta until now. But he knows all about him, and I know all about him. Isn't that good for a relationship? And we love each other. Although, it wasn't in this way for me until now. He probably doesn't see me in that way. Yet.

No! I yell to myself. I can't think like this. He's in love with that seam rat. He would never think of me like that. All his life it's always been her. I need to stop this.

I could always find someone else. Someone better. Although, I don't think there's anyone better then Peeta. He's just too perfect. With those soft, blonde curls falling slightly over his eyes. Those blue eyes that anyone could get lost in forever. Like a maze of never ending hope and brightness. Those little freckles under his eyes and on the bridge of his nose. He's a gentleman. His sun kissed skin. His way words. Every thing about him is just perfect.

Snap out of it Delly! He'll never like you that way! I tell myself. Plus, I'm supposed to be helping him to get with his dreamed seam rat. I mean girl. Great. Now I'm jealous of her.

I'll just help Peeta get with her and get this over with. Unless I use this plan to favor me...