Chapter 14

Delly's POV

*Three week later*

As the Quarter Quell is announced, I decide to proceed with the next step of my plan. After all, the next time I see Peeta everything could be different.

I walk out of my house and my parents look at me like I'm crazy. I just really have to do this. It might be my last chance. Everdeen will realize it's hers too. I walk all the way to the Victors' Village and knock on Peeta's door. He opens. He's not wearing a shirt. Well, that makes this easier. I think sarcastically.

"Hey, Delly. What are you doing here?" He says surprise to see me this late at night.

"I need to talk to you." I say.

"Come on in." I do as told and we sit on the couch. I look at him with a serious face.

"I was wrong." I lie.

"What?"

"I was wrong about Katniss liking you. I saw her kissing that Gale dude." I say which is not a complete lie. I did see them kiss but she pushed him away.

"What are you talking about?"

"Peeta, Katniss doesn't like you like more than a friend. I was wrong. She's a really good actress but I was able to see through her. I am now saving you from getting heartbroken again. I'm sorry." I let a tear slip for effect.

"When did you realize this?"

"When I realized I was the one who really loves you. Not her." I say. He looks at me in shock.

"I don't know what to say Delly. This a lot of information to take in. I need time to think." He says.

"It's okay. I understand. You know where to find me when you make up your mind." I say giving him a hug.

"Thank you for being so understanding."

"What are best friends for?"

With that I leave. I smirk all my way home knowing there is no way, now, that he would choose that Seam Rat over me.

On your face Catpiss Neveclean.