Chapter 6

Peeta's POV

After a long day in the bakery, I walk into the Victors' Village where I'll be spending, yet, another night alone. I sigh. I could always call Delly to have a sleepover.

As I walk through the gates of the Village I see Katniss sitting on a bench by the fountain close to the entrance. This is my chance to tell her 'I want to be just friends.' Even if that's not true.

I walk towards her and take a sit next to her.

"Hey, Kat. It's ok if I call you Kat, right?" I say.

"Hey. Yeah, as long as I can call you, Peet." She says smiling slightly. I notice she's shivering a little since it's autumn and she's wearing a tank top and jeans.

"Yeah. Here, you look cold." I say giving her my jacket.

"Thanks. You need to stop being so kind to me. It makes me feel worse for all that I've done to you." She says looking.

"Oh. I would've be anything but kind to you. You saved us. I know that. I don't hold you to the things you said in the games anymore. I can't. Plus, I have Delly now. Maybe what I thought was love was a simple childish crush. It doesn't matter anymore. But I can't just act for the cameras and then ignore each other in real life. So, I was thinking maybe we could have a shot at being friends?" I say meaning half of what I said.

"I've never been good at friends." Katniss says.

"Well, it does help to know the person. All, I know about you is that you're stubborn and good with a bow." I say realizing that I really don't know much about her. Why am I in love with her again? I shake the thought of my head as fast as it came.

"That about sums me up."

"No. There's more. You just don't want to tell me." I say. She stays silent. "You see, Katniss, the way this whole 'friends' thing work is that you have to tell each other the deep stuff."

"The deep stuff. Uh-oh. Like what?" She says a little alarmed. I think about it for a second.

"Like...um... What's your favorite color?" I ask.

"Now you've stepped over the line." She says playfully. I chuckle.

"Seriously, though?"

"Green. Yours?"

"Orange." I say without hesitation.

"Like an orange?" She asks making a disgusted face.

"No...um... more like a sunset." I say pointing at the sunset.

"That's nice." Katniss says.

"Yeah." I say. "Well, I better get going. Have to work early at the bakery and the nightmares take enough of my sleep as it is already. Night Kat."

"Night, Peet." Katniss says. I stand up, as does she, and we hug quickly. I walk back to my house with a light smirk on my face.

Face 2 of plan Get Katniss Jealous: complete.