Chapter 3

Peeta POV

Today, Delly and I decided to have a "date" in my backyard. She said to make it as romantic as possible. So I start to prepare it.

I decided we would have a movie night. I set up some cushions and pillows outside. I set a screen were we would watch romantic movies and the projector. I also hanged some fairy lights to make it more romantic. Lastly I made some popcorn to accompany the movie.

At around 7:00pm Delly arrived and I greeted her with a kiss. I love the taste of her lips. They always taste like wild berries.

"So what are we doing tonight?" Delly asks as we walk to the backyard.

"We'll have a movie night with many romantic movies." I tell her and she laughs that adorable laugh of hers.

Why am I thinking of her like this? I shake that thought of my head. She's my best friend of course I like her little things.

"What do you want to watch first?" I ask her.

"Can we watch the Notebook?" she asks sweetly.

"Of course." I say and set up the movie.

I then lay down and Delly snuggles to me. I grab the popcorn and we watch the movie.

Half way through it I fell as thought as someone is watching me. I slightly turn my head to find Katniss looking at us from her backyard.

"She's watching us." I whisper to Delly.

"Then kiss me. Really passionately." She instructs and I do as told.

We start making out and it gets so heated that I start hovering over her. I really hope this is plan is working.

What if it doesn't? A part of me thinks.

Maybe if doesn't it won't be that bad. Maybe Delly could be an option. I shake that thought out of my head. I can't like Delly. She's my best friend. That's all.

We keep kissing until we hear a door being slammed. We break apart.

"Apparently our plan is working." Delly says smirking. Her forehead pressed to mine as we look into each other's eyes.

"And I might have my dreamed girl soon. Thank you for everything, Dell." I tell.

"It's nothing. I just want to see you happy, Peet." She says.

We continue watching the movie and accidentally fall asleep there.

The next I wake up refreshed with my arms wrapped around Delly.

I didn't have any nightmares. For the first time since the Games, I had a full, good night of sleep.

Delly stars to wake up and soon I see her beautiful sapphire blue eyes. I smile at her.

"Good morning." She says cheerily. She's always been a morning person like me.

"Good morning. We fell asleep outside." I point out.

"Hahaha. We better go in and get some breakfast, brush our teeth and change clothes." She suggests.

"Yeah. You have some clothes in my closet." I say.

We walk in and we both grab some clean clothes. Delly goes to change in the bathroom while I change in my room.

Just as I take my shirt off, I hear Delly's voice.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Sexy himself." She says gesturing to my eight-pack.

I turn around and find her wearing a white, flowery summer dress with a sweetheart neckline and spaghetti straps that hugs her curves.

"Like you're one to talk." I say while putting a clean shirt on and we both laugh.

After that I brush my teeth and then we go downstairs and eat breakfast.

"I better go home. I'm sure I'll get an earful of this." Delly says.

"I'll walk you to the door." I say.

We walk out and I see Katniss looking at us through her kitchen window while eating breakfast with Prim.

"I'll see you later." Delly says.

"See ya." I say and kiss her on the lips one last time before she leaves.

Maybe it wouldn't be soooo bad if I ended up with Delly.