Chapter 12

Peeta's POV

After our 'date' Delly and I go back into my house. We sit snuggling on the couch. We're watching some strange Capitol show and laughing at the people in it. I look at the time. 12:30am.

"It's late. You should probably spend the night." I say to Delly.

"It would probable be a good idea. Should we go to bed now?" She answers.

"Yeah. I'm tired. Do you want to borrow a shirt of mine to sleep in?"

"If you don't mind."

"Not at all." I say and with that we go change.

I hand Delly one of my old worn shirts that I usually use as a pajama and she goes to change in the bathroom. While she's in there I change to my sweat pants and climb into bed. Delly soon comes out on my shirt and puts her clothes on a chair that's in the corner of my room. I got to admit that she looks damn hot in my shirt, though, I quickly dismiss the thought. She climbs in bed with me and snuggles up to me. We've had so many sleepovers since we were kids that this position is normal for us.

"Good night Peeta." Delly say.

"Night night." I say back and fall asleep soon.

*Nightmare*

I'm running in a dark forest. I'm not quite sure what I'm running from but by the sound it makes, I don't dare look.

Soon I realize that I'm back in the games. This time I'm in a tropical arena. I'm in some type of tropical forest. In front of me there's a shore line and the the sea.

I look behind me to find some monkey mutts chasing after me which was a mistake. I trip on a branch. A fall flat on my face and in no time a monkey is on top of me. I try to push it of but can't.

The monkey growls at me and goest bite my neck. This is it....

*End of Nightmare*

I wake up with a start. Delly's on to of me slightly shaking me.

"Are you okay?" She ask.

"Not really. I had a nightmare." I say.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Yeah." I say and tell her my dream.

"I'm sorry you have to go through that, Peeta." She say and hugs me. I hug her back and hold her to me.

This was I feel safe. This is the first time I calm down quickly from a nightmare. This is when I realize that I'm falling for my best friend.