Chapter 2

Delly's POV

I was so happy for Peeta when he arrived. He got the girl he'd been daydreaming of since we were 5. I saw how in the Games she fell slowly but unmistakably in love with him. But when he told me that Katniss said it was all an act from her side, I knew she hadn't realized it yet. I had to do something so I created a plan.

If Katniss was to realize she was in love with Peeta we needed to make her jealous. Make her think that Peeta's over her. That he just wants to be friends. That he is so head over heels for someone else, that you would think he never really loved her. And I was going to be the girl he "fell" for.

It was going to be more complicated than that though. We had to be seen only by Katniss and no one else or we'd be endangered. This was really complicated but we were both fully up for it. What could go wrong? Right?

I'm going to make sure that girl comes back to Peeta begging on her knees. Who does she think she is to be playing with people's feelings? And I also wanted to see Peeta happy.

I mean who doesn't want their best friend to be happy. But that was not enough. Katniss had to humiliated to understand what Peeta had gone through thanks to her. I was going to make sure of that. But I wasn't about to tell that to Peeta. No. He would stop me without thinking twice. That's just the good person he is. No matter how bad someone has treated him, he'll always treat them with respect. But that doesn't mean I can't do something about it.

I'll coach Peeta into it. He will make Katniss suffer like he did but he won't know it. I'll make sure to kiss him every single time she's around. I'll make sure to show what she is missing on. I'll make sure that she never breaks Peeta's heart again. And him being the hopeless romantic he is will make my plan work much better.

Later that day after I explain my plan to Peeta, it was time for me to go home. Peeta, being the gentleman he is, walked me to the door only to see none other than Katniss Everdeen herself. Perfect.

I told Peeta to kiss me. He looked at me confused at first but soon understood that I noticed Katniss standing there. We make out for a while and I feel a thing stirring deep within me. I guess that's because I'm kissing my best friend. Once we pull away, I make my way towards home but not before getting a glimpse of an almost crying Katniss.

I don't get what Peeta sees in her. I mean, she's not all that pretty, she was a Seam girl until recently, and she's always covered in dirt. But if that's what takes to make him happy...

I guess if I grew up with my mom telling me how worthless I am, I wouldn't even try to look at the prettier girls.

I just hope this turns out fine.