Prologue

Peeta's POV:

It was all an act. All the kisses, all the hugs, every single type of affection towards me. I don't know how to feel but heartbroken. I look at her. 

"One last time. For the cameras?" I say extending my hand towards her and she grabs it.

We walk out of the train with fake smiles on our faces and wave at people and cameras. My fake smile is soon replaced with a real one as soon as I see Delly and my family. Katniss and I brake apart and I run straight to Delly's arms engulfing her in a bear hug. She's been my best friend since the first day of school.

"Peeta! I've missed you so much!" She says.

"I've missed you too, Dell!" I say.

"You finally got your girl." She whispers happily.

"She was acting." I whisper sadly while shaking my head and look at Katniss. She's hugging Gale. She probably loves him.

Delly pulls away and looks at me.

"But that can't be. I can tell she fell for you." She says.

"Well, for the first time you're wrong Dell. She told me just minutes ago." I tell her. She's never wrong but this time she is.

"No. She just hasn't realized it yet." She say.

"We'll talk about when we get to my new house." I say and she nods.

I great my family and they all congratulate me. Even my mom but she says they won't be living with me to take of the bakery. Fine with me. Although I'll still have to help at the bakery.

After the feast we were given by the Capitol for being the winner District, my family heads home and Delly and I go to my new house in the Victors' Village.

"I have a plan to help Katniss realize she's in love with you." Delly says once we enter the house.

"And what would that be?" I ask while we sit on the couch. I know there's probably cameras in here but I'm pretty sure Snow knows or will know the truth sooner or later.

"We will pretend to date in front of Katniss. Make her think you're over her.  Befriend her. She'll get jealous and realize she's in love with you." She explains.

"That's actually a good idea!" I say laughing.

"When is it not? So you're in?" She ask smirking.

"Sure." I say.

We then snuggle on my couch while catching up. I know what you're thinking, why are you snuggling with Delly if Katniss is not around? Well, we always used to snuggle because we've been always best friends.

"I should get going." Delly says after hours of talking. It's dark outside already.

"I'll walk you to the door." I say and we both get up.

I walk her to the door and we say our goodbyes just as Katniss walks out of her house taking the trash out.

"Kiss me." Delly says.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Show Katniss you're over her." She explains.

"Oh." I say and then kiss her really passionately. I even feel something deep within me but I don't know what it is.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say once we brake apart out of air.

"See ya BakerBoy." Delly says using her nickname for me and then walks away.

I turn to leave but I see Katniss staring. I smile and wave at her friendly, like my plan with Delly said, and walk back inside.

Let the Games begin.