14. Cedric

Hykeem - MM

"Mr. Cedric! What is the matter?" Gladys runs into my bathroom and stoops down rubbing my forehead.

"NOTHING I'm just a little sick." I tell her. Lying about this unwanted closure between me and Hykeem literally made me sick.

"Well, drink this. You'll feel much better." She hands me some fizzing liquid in a cup. I guess it's some stomach reliever. I drink it and I stand.

"Better?" She asks, with her Jamaican accent.

"Yes, Gladys. Thanks." I say. She smiles, nods and then leaves. After she's gone I take off my sweaty clothes and I start the shower. Before getting in, I study my naked body in my mirror. I don't even know why I chose to get all these tats. I turn around and look at my back. Then I sigh and step into the shower. As I stand, letting the cold water pierce my skin, I vividly remember that night in Hykeem car.

"So did you like it?" Hykeem asks as we leave out of the movies.

"Yeah Kevin Hart is hot mess." I laugh. "Remember when he ran out of the house?" I say.

"Yeah!" He laughs. "C'mon, I wanna show you something." He says, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards his car. We both get in, and he drives us down this empty road, and stops in front of a big open field.

We step out of his car, and we walk deep into the meadow. There were no trees, so we could see the whole sky. All of the stars.

"I love it." I turn to have a romantic moment, but instead I see Hykeem popping pills in his mouth, and drinking purple juice out of a sprite bottle.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Nun, just a drink." He says.

"You mean like... alcohol?"

"Something like that. Come here." He pulls me up on my toes and kisses me, and his lips taste like cold medicine. He sticks his tongue in my mouth and grabs onto my ass.