17. TJ

Cedric and I lay in the center of my bed, my comforter wrapped around our naked bodies. He'd dozed off in my embrace.

I look at my alarm clock. It's 4:30. "Uh oh." I say, as I gently shake him awake. He openes his sleepy eyes slowly, and looks at me. I softly rub his bottom lip aigh my thumb and kiss him. I really can't get enough of his lips. They feel like heaven.

"What time is it?" He says, stretching.

"Four thirty." I say, sitting up.

"Oh fuck! Isadore is gonna fuckin kill me!!" He panics, and yanks the covers off of him, and jumps out of my bed. I admire his body as he puts his underwear back on.

"Whoa whoa. Calm down." I say, getting up and pulling my boxers up.

"You don't understand! My step dad wakes up at five every morning and goes for a run! We fourth five minutes away from Buckhead! And the train doesn't go that fast." He explains, putting his button down back on.

"Don't worry. I'll drive you." I say, putting pants and boots on.

"Shit!" He says in frustration, trying to button up all the buttons. He gets mad and three of the buttons pop off. "Fuck!" He yanks the shirt off.

"You really need to chill. Come here, put this on." I hand him an old sweatshirt. He puts it on and it looks like a parachute on him. I laugh at his appearance.

"Its cozy." He says looking in the mirror on my dresser. "James family reunion?" He says. I guess I gave him the sweatshirt from a family reunion I had a long time ago.

"Uh yeah." I say, tieing my laces.

"My uhh friend's last name is James." He said.

"Oh really?" I ask. "What friend?"

"You don't know her. Well.. She's the girlfriend I was telling you about." He replies.

"Oh.." I walk back over to him and I look at our reflection in the mirror. "You were serious about that?" I say.

"Yes I was serious! That's why I hate myself about all of this! It's not fair to her.. What's she gonna say when she finds out I'm gay?" He says, looking up to me.

"Wow. I uhh. I'm sorry I wouldn't have been so straight forward with things if I was totally sure." I confess to him.

"But the thing is, I wouldn't want it to have happened any other way. I'm thankful. And I know it's gonna break Kim's heart when I tell her but-"

"Kim??" I ask, cutting him off.

"Yeah Kim... What's wrong?" He asks. I knew that Ced and Kim were classmates at her school. But I had no idea that Cedric and her were together! I feel so stupid...

"Nothing." I lie. "She just sounds... Like a real pretty girl."

"She is beautiful. And I love her. But I guess I just wanted go be with her so bad because of what society wanted ms to be. And everyone I knew told me I didn't belong with her. Now I realize why. When I look at you, I see myself happy, and confident.. And just all around perfect. With you by my side." He tells me.

I pull him close to me and I hug him. Unable to respond with words.

"I love you TJ." He whispers.

I shake my head. "I love you more."

"Now take me home before I get shot by my parents!" He says and grabs my hand. I grab a shirt to put on while we rush out of the door. It's still dark outside when we begin riding down I20.

Cedric falls asleep with his head against the window while I drive. He sleeps so peacefully. And he doesn't snore like a bear like me. As I go further and further up north, the sun slowly comes up. After I enter Buckhead, I wake Ced up so he can show me to his house.

"Its right up here." He points to this huge black gate with a security booth in the center.

I pull up to it and Ced reaches across from me and punches a pass code in and the gate opens. I am amazed at the at the sizes of these mansions.

"Its not like your townhouse huh?" He laughs.

"Hell Naw! This shit is nice!" I say. I turn into a huge subdivision, and these homes are the biggest I've ever seen in person. They are like castles.

"Next time we fucking at your place!" I say.

He laughs. "Oh stop right here!" He says, and I punch the brakes.

"The cameras don't reach this far back. You can let me out right here." He says opening the door and stepping out. I grab his arm.

"Where's my sugar?" I ask smiling. He kisses me passionately and I get that one last taste before he leaves and sprints to his house. After he goes in, I wait outside for about ten minutes before I text him.

Me- You good babe??

Ced- Yeah, everyone is asleep. Goodnight... Well GOODMORNING! I had the time of my life like dead ass. I think I'm catching mad feels for you man. I love you

Me- been waiting forever to hear you say that!! :) I love you more Cedric

Ced- Aight Ima go to sleep... School tomorrow I need to talk to Kim about this

Me- okay baby

Thank god he didn't get caught. I sigh in relief as I drive out of the neighborhood still looking at the houses. I still can't believe that Kim is his girlfriend, or whatever she is to him. If he finds out I'm her cousin he's gone be torn apart. How stupid can I get? I should've paid more attention. If I would've known this, I promise I would've left it alone.

CEDRIC POV

I slip into the front door and I quietly tip toe upstairs to my room. I stop by my mom's room and peek through the window. She's asleep, and Isadore is laying next to her. I guess he's not running today. I walk up another staircase up to me and Zeph's floor, and I look into his room and he's knocked out at the edge of his bed with his feet hanging off. I hear Isadore groaning and turning in his bed and I sprint into my room and shut the door. I yank off TJ's sweatshirt and throw it onto my bed. Then I kick my shoes off and hop under the covers and pretend I'm asleep. Yeah I know they a whole floor under me, but I just snuck out! I'm paranoid as fuck! The sun is up now, and shining through my window. All I can think of now is TJ. I reach over for his sweatshirt, and I stick it up to my face to smell his scent. I take in a deep breath and I imagine myself being next to him again. Then I start to think about Kim...

"Okay. Tomorrow. I tell her." I whisper to myself before lifting the jacket fdkm my face. I put it up to the light, and I see a bunch of signatures on the back of it. They looked like they were written with black markers. I read all of them, and I smile at all the family he has. Then I see one right under the right arm of the sweatshirt. I flip it over and put it in the light so I can read it. It says...

I'll miss you, while your overseas!! Be careful big cousin :)
-Kimberly