9. Cedric

Kim - MM

"So you don't wanna be here?" TJ asks me after Zeph walked upstairs. I take a sip of my juice, ignoring his question. I still didn't feel right about what was going on, because of Kim. This was too much.

"Hello?" He says, and I ignore him again. He gets up from the table and walks into the living room and sits down. He turns the TV on. I look down, and then I pray to myself for a few seconds.

I leave the kitchen and go to the living room to join him. At first I just stood there looking at his body, which was flawlessly constructed to fit under the black vneck shirt that wedged down to the middle of his chest, exposing all that skin. He was wearing a small gold chain, and he was glowing. Ugh! Jesus help me. He slowly turns his head in my direction.

"Are you gonna sit down?" He asks, lowly. I hear the shower turn on upstairs, and defeatedly, I sat beside TJ on his couch.

"I don't understand why I'm cooperating with you." I confess.

"Because you want me." He says casually, looking at the TV. I stared a hole in the side of his head because of his cocky, but 100% true comment.

"Hmph." I mumble.

"What was said?" He asked turning my way.

"You don't scare me." I lied, looking directly into his beautiful eyes. I don't know why but when I look at them I feel a sense of obligation to do whatever he says.

"The last thing I will ever try to do is scare you away." He says, smiling. I close my eyes trying to block the skin dissolving temptation. I didn't want to but sadly I yearned to feel his lips touch mine again.

"You promise?" I ask.

"Yes." TJ puts his huge hand on my thigh and gropes it. His grip was the tightest I've ever felt. I jolt at his touch.

"What's wrong?" He says. I shook my head no, and I moved his hand off of my leg.

"I'm never gonna hurt you." He whispers. I instantly had a memory of Hykeem saying those exact words.

We sit in Hykeem's car. It's 12:02, homecoming night. We'd been secretly going out for about a month. He'd been begging me to come ride with him all week. I finally gave in because it was homecoming and he'd just help win the game against our rival school, Fairfax High. We drove to a park where nobody was, and parked on the edge alone.

"Congratulations babe." I lean over and plant a wet one right on his cheek as he rolls up a blunt.

"You know I had that." He turns and kisses my lips.