-8-

We got into the jeep once again and everyone was quiet. No one spoke a word at all so the only sound in the jeep was the engine and the indicators going off whenever we needed to turn a corner. I looked through the side mirror to see Sky reading a book and Emerald was staring into space out of the window. I looked at Lara and saw her chewing some bubble gum and focusing on the road ahead.

I sighed a bit loudly out of boredom and glances down at my phone. It was 8:45 in the morning, we sure are going really early today; I guess Lara doesn't want them around much longer, ah well I understand why.

As everyone was being all quiet, Emerald decided to start humming a tune. Then the humming turned into singing quietly. "Been there, done that, messed around. I'm having fun don't put me down, I'll never let sweep me off my feet" she sang and soon Sky joined in by humming along, "I won't let you in again, the messages I've tries to send, my information is just not going in. I'm burning bridges shore to shore, I break away from something more. I'm not turned off to love 'till its cheap. Been there, done that, messed around. I'm having fun, don't put me down. I'll never let you sweep me of my feet~"

I decided to join in but with a different song, "You shout it loud, but I can't hear a word you say. I'm talking loud, not saying much. I'm criticised, but all your bullets ricochet. You shoot me down but I get up~"

"This time baby I'll be bullet proof, this time baby I'll be bullet proof~" Emerald sang then I went again, "I'm bullet proof, nothing to lose fire away, fire away~" "Ricochet you take your aim fire away, fire away ~"

"You shoot me down but I won't fall~" Lara joined in and we all together said, "I am titanium!". We laughed and soon the silence was broken. "That was so cool!" I cheered and high-fived Emerald and Lara. "To be honest it was!" Lara giggled and soon stopped the car in front of Sonic's cabin.

"We should do it again some time!" Emerald suggested and we all agreed. Sonic was waiting outside the cabin and we all waved at him, he was smiling but it felt like it was directed at me more than the others. "Morning, (Y/N)!" Sonic greeted and I smiled at him, "Morning, Sonic!"

"Well someone's in a good mood" Knuckles chuckled at me but soon frowned in confusion at Emerald and Sky. Oh that's right, I forgot to introduce them yesterday! "Oh yeah I forgot to introduce you to them, these are Electra and Zayn, my assistances" I said.

"Pleasure is mine" Emerald said and shook hands with Knuckles. Sky just nodded at him and went inside. "Uh is he normally like this?" Sonic asked as if Sky just bet him. We all shrugged our shoulders. "Just don't mind him, even I don't know why and I'm his sister" Emerald sighed and walked inside. "So Electra is it?" Knuckles asked and Emerald nodded, "Yeah that is me"

"What makes people call you that?" he asked and Electra showed a green spark shoot out of her palm, "Mess with me and you'll be eating 500 volts"

Knuckles raised his eyebrows and looked at me, I shrugged and we entered the lab. "So anything new, (Y/N)?" Sonic asked and I shook my head, "No not really, except me, Lara and Em-Electra sang our very own remix!" I hid a sigh of relief since I nearly called Emerald by her real name than her fake one. "Cool, well nothing much has happened here except Cheese keeps hiding from everyone for some reason. Also Eggman has been quiet for some time so we're all starting get worried that he is planning something" Sonic said and sat on the desk like he always does.

"Well what's the topic for today?" I asked and everyone put their thinking caps on. Suddenly Emerald's gem glowed and a drained chaos emerald floated in front of her. Emerald acted as if she didn't know what it was and hid behind Sky with a yelp, "What just happened?"

She is a really good liar in my opinion, she fooled them easily if only I had that power. Knuckles grabbed the floating emerald and put it back. "That's strange, is never did that before and you here just yesterday" Knuckles exclaimed. Sky's bracelet s started to glow and soon the chaos emerald turned into a blue color with its energy restored. "What the?" Sonic said and took the chaos emerald from Knuckles, "How did you do that?"

Sky shrugged and his his bracelet under his glove without anyone noticing. "You're sure filled with surprises, aren't you?" I said and Sky shrugged again. "Hey guys, I brought you some cookies-" Amy came through the door but suddenly stopped in her tracks. Sky turned around and they stared at each other for a while.

I may be wrong but I think there is a romance going on! "Uh thanks, Amy" I said and took the tray from her hands. "Oh uh, you're welcome, (Y/N)" Amy stopped staring at Sky and smiled at me with a blush. We spend about 3 hours experimenting on the chaos emeralds and Emerald pulled some good ones off too. Sonic and I managed to get some time to actually talk about something different besides the chaos emeralds!

"So you like (f/a)?" Sonic asked as we took a stroll through the hallways of the cabin. "Yup, I find them interesting and pretty cool. How about you?" I asked and smiled at Sonic. "Well I, uh, l-like.... (Y/F/A)" he said blushing and looked away. I giggled at Sonic, "God Sonic, why do you have to be so cute?" I blurted out by accident and covered my mouth with my hand while blushing. Why did I say that?

"Oh really now?" Sonic smirked