-3-

We entered a small kitchen where Amy was talking to someone else. He had red fur and purple eyes with spikes on his knuckles. "Oh hey Sonic! (Y/N)" when Amy said my name she glared at me and went back to whatever she was doing. "So you must be (Y/N)" the red echidna said and he put his glass down, "Name's Knuckles"

"Hello Knuckles" I said and shook hands with him. "So I hear you are going to discuss information on the chaos emeralds?" Knuckles said. "Yes, do you want to join?" I asked and Knuckles nodded, "Gladly"

So me, Sonic and Knuckles all walked to what looked like a lab with computers and experiments of chemicals. "Okay so here we are!" Sonic said and sat on a spinning chair, "Has anyone thought about a topic to start us off?"

"We still haven't finished our topic on its power?" I said and we all eventually talked about it.

As we all talked, I realized it was getting late and I should be going home by now.

Tut tut, see what socializing can do to one's mind? It makes them forget the time and everything around them.

'Oh shut up, besides I have more information than what I had before'

Okay, okay! Gee you take teasing way too seriously.

'It's because I'm a reporter'

Then report this

My cheek burned as if someone just slapped me. 'Ow, hey! What was that for?' I whined but only to receive a laugh from the voice.

It's what you get!

'You seriously are like a child'

It's because I never got the chance to grow up properly
And with that said the voice went silent. I shrugged it off, "Hey guys? I need to get home now, it's getting late"

Sonic and Knuckles both looked a little sad but nodded. "Here I'll drop you home" Sonic said and picked me up in bridal style. "I-its okay! I can walk!" I stuttered and tried to hide my now red cheeks. "You'll get wet anyway, its raining outside" Sonic nodded towards the window where rain drops were now splatting onto the glass like flicked paint.

I gave in and as soon as I did that, the world around me spun. I guess this is where Sonic got his name since he was a really fast runner. I buried my face into his chest so I wouldn't get dizzy. In a matter of seconds we arrived at my apartment.

I still couldn't understand how Sonic managed to climb 5 rows of stairs but I'm not going to question since I already know the answer to it. "Uh thanks, Sonic" I said as I got my keys out and opened my door, "I had fun!"

"Same here, so I'll collect you tomorrow for some more.... discussion?" Sonic asked with hope in his eyes. I smiled, "10a.m. sharp, I do have a very tight schedule but I'm sure my boss won't mind"

"Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow" Sonic waves as he walked towards the stairs with a crooked smile. We said goodbye and Sonic soon left. I sighed and was about to close my door when a red, white and yellow shoe jammed right between the door and the door frame; preventing me from closing it.

"(Y/N)! It's me, Lara!" Lara said from the other side of the door and I immediately opened the door so her foot could be free. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, Lara!" I apologized as I invited her in and we both sat down. "Its fine, besides no harm done" Lara smiled and put her headphones around her neck, "Anyway I brought this for you since you forgot it"

As she said that she took my bag out and handed it to me. "Thank you so much!" I hugged her and took the bag from her hands. "So..." Lara started and smirked, "was that the hero you were talking about?"

My cheeks went bright red and were flaming hot. "Uh.... Y-yes?" I said shyly and hid my face so she wouldn't see my blushing. But she did anyway, "Aw, you like Sonic the Hedgehog!"

"What?! No I don't!" I blushed even more, god damn Lara and her teasing! "Yes you do, yes you do!" Lara said as she got up and ran around the apartment shouting, "Sonic and (Y/N), sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!"

"Why you little! I'm going to kill you for that! What if the neighbours hear you?" I whined and chased after her. "It's like 2 in the morning right now, (Y/N). Did you get hit a rock or something?" Lara laughed as she dodged my attempts of catching her.

I gave up, "Okay okay, but I need to sleep!" "How come?" Lara asked as she sat back down and somehow got a glass of orange juice. "I've got a 10 o'clock meeting again with Sonic" I signed and pointed out the oblivious before frowning at Lara, "Where did you get the orange juice?"

"Well I know your apartment off by heart so I grabbed some juice from your fridge since I was thirsty" Lara said as she took a sip and layed back on the couch. I shook my head, "Man I forget we sometimes live in each other's apartments"

"Haha, yeah how could you forget that, (Y/N)?" Lara said sarcasticly with a little laugh. "Oh shut up. You can stay the night here, just don't steal too much of my food or make a mess" I said before going into my room and hopping into bed.

So, your friend seems nice!

My eyes snapped open and I sat up. I sighed and realized that I also had to deal with the voice in my head before I go to sleep too. 'Ugh, do you mind if I could get some sleep?' I groaned and flopped back down onto the bed.

Not at all, besides I think you should start talking about history for your report.

'And why are you interested in that?'

You want to know who I am right? Well there's your opportunity to know, either way you'll see me in person soon enough.