Once Upon A Time

***WARNING. THE BEGINNING IS VERY CHEESEY LIKE SO CHEESEY THAT IM CRINGING WHILE IM WRITING ***

Once upon a time in far away land a prince was announced to marry to a princess.

|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|

Caspar's POV*
I was fixing my collar of my shirt when the door opened, revealing Marcus.

"Your highness, somebody would like to see you. He says his name is ummm Joe Sugg?" Marcus asks, he's the servant but he's one of the closest person to me.

"Yes, send him in please," Just hearing his name made my heart skip a beat.

Joe's not royal or anything, but that doesn't matter to me. Joe was the stable boy since when we were younger. Apparently it did matter to my parents. We were happily together for 3 years since I was 15, in secret. That was until my dad arranged a marriage to a princess from a wealthier Kingdom. The only person who knew about me and Joe was Marcus and Theodora.

My real dad died in a battle so my mum remarried to my step-dad. He was a dick. My parents and I don't exactly have a good relationship, not ever since he died. We would always end up arguing. Mum completely changed after she remarried. Even when I told my step-dad and mum I was gay, they went and ignored it. I really wished I had a normal life.

The door creaked open, Joe walked in and bowed, "Your Majesty"

"You know you didn't need to do that" I laugh.

"I didn't know if anyone was in the room," He shrugs. The room suddenly got quiet and Joe looked everywhere but at me, "So today's the big day huh"

"Yeah...," This time I was the who looked anywhere but him.

He spoke up after a bit lowering his voice, "We can run away?" (A/n: So let's run away! They will have to find another heart to break!!!! I love that song :3)

"Joe, you know I can't do that. We've been over this," I repeat for the hundredth time.

"I love you so much," I could see tears forming in his eyes, "Please I'm begging you, don't leave me"

And those three last words made my heart crumble. I really do want to run away with him but Theodora and Marcus... They were the only people who understood me besides Joe. But I know they would understand, I hope.

"Okay. I'll go with you," I look up at him and he had the biggest smile ever.

We hugged and kissed making sure no one was around, then he left. Our plan was that I grabbed a few gold stuff to live off of and we meet up at the stables. Then we're off on our own, the day before the wedding which was tomorrow.

Night fell and I went and slipped the letters underneath my sister's door. It explained everything in it and to give the second letter to Marcus. I had already got a few things so now all I had to do was to go to the stables.

I was almost to there way out when I heard a slow clapping. I turn towards the sound and saw my step-dad, "Well well well. What do we have here? I never thought my own son would do this"

"I'm not your son. How did you find out about this?" I demanded.

"I happen to overhear your little conversation with your lover boy," he looks down at his fingernails, like he's just talking about stuff casually.

I take out my sword, "You're not stopping me"

"Well let's just see," He takes out his sword as well.

3rd Person*
Later that night, Caspar never showed up and Joe was angry and heartbroken. He thought he loved him. Joe was about to leave his family too, it wasn't just about Caspar's family. He had an older sister and his dad. His mum died when he was 2.

In the morning when he went to take care of the horses. Marcus had told him that Caspar was dead. Apparently thieves snuck into the palace and assassinated him, but Marcus knew what really happened. He told Joe the truth and he was sad and blood thirsty for revenge, he knew better though.

Weeks later, after the funeral, the whole Kingdom found out what really happen. The king was dethroned. Theodora wanted Joe to become the next prince. Theo knew his family was poor and knew how much he meant to her little brother. It was also a way for both of them to remember Caspar.

Not every story has a happily ever after...

A/N: Plz don't kill me

THE NEXT ONE WILL HAVE A HAPPIER ENDING!!!!

May the odds be ever in your favour byye!
-Emily
Xxx