Chapter 13

Nicki Minaj POV

My body feels like it's been takin' a beaten all night long. I kno' I look like a God damn mess. But, who cares? I look down to see Meek. I don't even have any kind of emotion when I see him sleep. But when I seen him naked it really got to me.

I grab the covers and cover up any cleavage that's showin'. I try to grab anythin' I can throw on. I end up wakin' him up from all my movement. He just lays there, lookin' at me. I try lookin' away tho' but it ain't work out that way.

Now I feel like a slut again. It's the sequence from me and Safaree to me and August. This time there's a new cast; Meek. I ain't mean to take it this far. I mean ion even remember the details of what happened.

Do I really wanna kno'?

Yeah 'cause I finna leave and tell August that I fucked up... Again.

"Good mornin' Nick." Meek said.

"Is it really a good mornin'?" I said, rubbin' my hands up my face. "I feel so embarrassed and stupid."

"Why?" Meek asks me.

"Look at where we at... It's over Meek." I said and I begin to cry. "I can kiss this ring goodbye." I said, takin' off the ring.

"Nick, we didn't sleep together if that's what you mean... Well we did sleep together but we ain't fuck." Meek said. My eyes widen.

"We just got too drunk and passed out... At least you did. I sobered up." I punch him on his arm.

"Asshole." I said and put back on the ring. "I needa go. But, I can't go back to August."

"Then where?" Meek asks me and I shrug.

"Ummmm... Just take me to a friend's place. And, I just see you later." I said.

***

I get to the studio and of course I catch Chris down there. We immediately begin to chop it up. We only here to do this one song fo' Meek's new album. The song is All Eyez On Us. After this we suppose to be on the move fo' tour.

I really like the song but I already kno' that August won't agree wit' the lyrics. Even so one thing I can say is that he kno' the difference. He kno' the difference between the business and the pleasure. I mean if you scratch us out o the picture. He pretty much kno' that it ain't serious.

Meek's album don't even drop just yet tho' so we just foolin' 'round in here. August 'post to come here tho'. I ain't seen him inna while. I mean from last night but he 'post to be leavin' too. We got so much to do that the weddin' gonna have to be put on hold.

That's somethin' we gonna have to discuss and the now him bein' a father. Despite our differences we should talk 'bout it. I care fo' August I do but I'm a stepmom before mom.

Chris is in the studio doin' his part and I'm just waitin' 'til he's done. When he finishes we play it back and listen. As soon as I get up to walk in the booth I see Meek walk in. We don't really speak to each other as much like we use to do. I hope I ain't hurt his feelin' too much.

I told him that whatever he felt 'bout me needed to stop and come to an end. If I'm gonna be married and workin' wit' him. He had to respect our boundaries. He ain't have much to say back. To me it seems like he understood that but still hurt.

He goes into the booth and do his thing when August texts me sayin' he pulled up. He comes in and walks in the studio and gives me a hug and kiss. We stay holdin' each other and I see Meek. He looks even more said but tries to look away. I look away.

August grabs my hand and takes me out into the hallway and we just look at each other. "So," he says.

"I... Baby... Nicki, I just wanna..." I cut him off.

"We both did some stupid shit last night. I don't wanna go back into that right now. Let's just talk 'bout our future." I said.

"I still wanna say. I'm sorry. You kno' how much I love you girl." August said. I give him another hug and he kisses my forehead.

"We should talk 'bout the whole weddin'." I said. "And, then the baby."

He sighs and nods his head. "Okay," he says.

"If we gonna be a family..." I said and he looks at me wit' a smile.

"Family?!" August said.

"Yeah," I say, shyly. "First we need to y'know I think it's best if we put the weddin' on hold."

"I agree." August said. "It's just a lot goin' on fo' us to try and speed up the process."

"Yeah, that's all I'm sayin'." I said.

"Oh, I kno' you busy and all but we can continue this tonight before I go. And, before I forget. Here." He hands me a new iPhone. Pink!

"Sorry again." August said. We kiss and we say goodbye before he leaves.