Chapter 14: Currents Part 1

Dana's POV:

"Mom, I'm home!"

As soon as I heard Scott's voice shouting through the house, I sprinted down the stairs as fast as I could. Trying to be careful not to trip on something, I flung myself at Scott, wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. At first, he was a little shocked, but then he hugged me back just as tight.

"Thank God, you're OK" I said and without even wanting them to, tears started to stream down my face.

"Hey, I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be?" Scott asked. I let him go and went to sit down on the couch.

"Allison called me. She wanted me to know what had happened while you were staying at that creepy ass motel. And when she told what you tried to do, I got scared" My voice was shaking so much.

"Dana, I'm alright. I'm fine. It was wolfs bane that was in Coach's whistle that affected the werewolf's. I promise you, that we're alright"

"Yeah, well, I know that now. But, you're my brother, Scott. My twin brother. And even though we've fought a lot these past few weeks with the alpha pack, the killings, me being in the hospital and...and...Ai...Aiden" I swallowed back the tears that fought to get through. "But that doesn't mean that I want you to die."

"I promise that I will never do something like that ever again. You're right we've fought a lot and I'm sorry, sis. I've been acting like an asshole towards you. I'm so sorry for what I did to you at the hospital. That's something that I'll never forgive myself for. Even though we're twins, I'm your BROTHER: That means that I have to protect. That I'll beat up the guys that'll break your heart. Make sure that you're safe. Be your best friend when you need me to. But most of all, to LOVE and CARE for you, like the brother I am. And I failed at that and for that I'm sorry. I hope that you can forgive me and I promise you that I will be the brother deserve," Scott said, crying. He's right. Our brother-sister relationship has been going to hell. But deep inside I do know that he never meant what he said. People are getting killed and he's trying to save everyone. To be the hero I know he is.

"Scott, I forgave you a long time ago. I just didn't know when to have this talk with you, because I was scared that we'd just hate each other more. And you're an amazing brother. The best brother I could ever have. So stop punishing yourself. I'm your twin SISTER. The same goes for me, Scott. I'll be your best friend when you need me to, beat up girls that break your heart and to LOVE and CARE for you. Look at it this way. Before now, our relationship was damaged. Not ruined or broken or beyond repair. Just damaged. Now we can fix it and probably it'll be better than before. You're a werewolf. You and the pack go and save people's lives. You're a hero to me, Scott, and I couldn't be more proud," I told him.

We stared at each other. Both of us were crying, our eyes puffy and red. We looked like a huge mess. Apparently he thought the same thing, because he raised an eyebrow and we both started to laugh.

We probably laughed for half an hour or so before we resumed to talk. Scott told me about what happened at the big fight, while they were at the buss and the motel in details.

"...And when Lydia blew the whistle against her hand, we saw wolfs bane powder. That was the reason to why we were reacting the way we did. So Stiles, being Stiles grabbed the whistle and threw it out the window. Let's just say that Coach wasn't too happy about that," he told me. I chuckled when he told about what Stiles did.

"Yeah, that definitely sounds like the Stiles I know," I said with a smile.

"So what's been happening here while I was gone?" That's the question I had desperately hoped he never asked. But I know, that if we're going to fix the damaged between us, then I have to tell him the truth.