Chapter 18: Currents Part 5

Alexandria's POV: 

It all happened so fast.

One minute, Derek and Kali were fighting and the next the power was back on.

Kali was holding Boyd in a death grip so he couldn't get away, while Derek was on his knees with the twins at his side holding his now clawed hands. I didn't realize what they were doing before it was too late.

The feeling in my body getting stronger until I couldn't hold it in anymore.

And I screamed.

A shrilling sound that would've made humans deaf. The windows rattled and were on the edge of cracking and breaking.

I screamed as Derek's claw made their way into Boyd's stomach.

The switch flipped back.

I screamed as I could I feel death coming closer.

Kali and the twins releasing both of them and walking out.

I screamed for the death of Boyd.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Aiden's POV:

It was done.

Kali had defeated Derek as planned and made him kill his pack mate. The satisfaction that I had, didn't last for long. Because as I looked at Dana one last time before we left, I could see the burning hatred in her eyes. They weren't the emotionless eyes I saw when I came in. These we're full of hatred and anger and pain. If she had some kind of supernatural power, I was sure that I would be burning in hell right now.

That made me think back to when she screamed. It almost made my ears bleed.

'She can't be a supernatural creature' I thought, but the scream that she let out made me doubt that thought.

'Maybe she just screamed because we killed her friend.'

And just like that, the guilt came back. Not only because of what I did to her. But also because I just killed one of her friends.

And as I left, there was only one thought in my mind.

'What have I done?'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Alexandria's POV:

I could feel something warm and wet fall down my face. As I brought a hand up to see what it was, I realized that they were tears.

I was crying.

And in that moment I realized that I had unconsciously turned the switch back on. And all my feelings were rushing in my mind. But the most powerful ones were pain, anger, hatred and grief.

The feeling.

I could feel deep within my bones.

Boyd was going to die.