Chapter 13: Motel California

Aiden's POV:

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

I sighed. This argument has been going on for an hour. Kali is pissed of because I kissed Dana.

"You said that she is my mate and I'm not sorry that it happened. I'm sorry you lost Ennis, Kali, I really am. But I'll be damned if I let anything happen to her. And if I die, I would like to die knowing that she knows how I feel about her" I said.

Ethan wasn't here at the moment. He was with the lacrosse team going to a meeting somewhere, I didn't listen when he was talking about it.

"I know that, Aiden, alright? But if Deucalion finds out that not only are you ignoring your assignment, but that you've find your mate who's Scott McCall's sister, not only is he going to kill her. He's going to use her to get to Scott" Kali sighed.

After my kiss with Dana, we drove further in to the woods where Kali met up with us and we buried Ennis. Kali came and stayed for a while and I drove Dana home. Luckily, her brother was at the lacrosse meeting too, so no one saw us.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked Kali desperately.

"I'm sorry Aiden, but if you want to protect her you're going to have to break up whatever it is that you have with her"

"No, I'll do anything but that. I'll be damned if I break her heart only to start seducing her best friend into liking and trusting me because of a fucking assignment Deucalion gave me" I shouted.

"Listen to me! I get it. You falling in love with her more and more each day that you spend together. But if you don't break up with her, he's going to kill her. Do you really want to lose her when you can protect her by doing what you're told to do?" Kali shouted back at me. I didn't want to think about how my life would be without her.

"Break up with her while you can or you're going to have another body to bury"

"Did you just threaten me?" I looked at Kali in shock. First she was helping me figure out what to do and now she's threatening me. And she's threatening to kill my mate. The wolf in me wanted to break out and rip her throat out. But I know that she would kill me first, because she's stronger.

"Yeah, I did. Because remember this Aiden, if you don't end it, you won't have to worry about Deucalion killing her. I WILL KILL HER MYSELF!" Kali growled and walked out of the room. My feet were frozen and I couldn't move a muscle. I started to think back about our first kiss.

Flashback!

I didn't know what came over me, but when she started to say all of those things about wanting to be with me and everything, I lost it. I grabbed the back of her neck and crashed my lips on hers.

I felt fireworks and explosions. All this time I was imagining what it would feel like kissing her and now that I am, words cannot describe how good it feels.