Chapter 25

Clock ticks in circles and I wait patiently outside of my house. The music blasted, echoing through the streets. We practically had to invite everyone of our neighbors just to avoid the police coming by because of complaints.

"Ross come inside, everyone came here for you." My brother hollered from the porch. I just raised my hand up, not even bothering to turn my head. No matter how many people were inside that house, it wouldn't be a 19th birthday without her.

A car slowed down by our fully parked driveway, it stopped in the middle of the road and I smiled as 3 girls came out of the car. The car sped up again, probably to find a parking spot, further north.

I met them halfway, grabbing the petite girl in front, around the waist and lifting her up and spinning her for a split second before placing her feet back on the ground. "You made it."

"Well how could I miss your birthday?" She smiles, giving me a short kiss.

I was so glad she became open about everything, even in front of her family. I genuinely smiled at her before releasing the grip around her waist to face her mother and sister.

"Hey Ellen, Vanessa, thank you so much for coming." I gave them both a hug. "Oh its no trouble, Happy Birthday." Ellen said and I thanked her. I led them all into the house where the first move I did was lowered the volume of the music.

I was still trying to make a mark in her family's eyes that I was a good boyfriend and that I cared about everyone being deaf. "So, food's in the kitchen, and bathroom is down the hall and. . ."

"Ellen!" My mother cuts me off as she approaches to meet her. "Glad you could make it, come, I'll introduce you to some people." She said completely dragging her away.

I was so glad that my birthday wasn't solely based on me. Everyone acted like it was a usual college party, minus the making out part at every corner.

Vanessa found her way to the living room where she saw an old friend of hers that she did a commercial with back then. My hand slid into Laura's as we made our way to the kitchen where I received constant greetings and pats on the back as we passed by.

I stopped right in front of the table full of food and drinks. "Hungry?" I asked. "Starving." She answered. I chuckled before grabbing two disposable plates at the side and passing one two her.

"Look who's finally eating." Riker went by, pouring a drink into his cup. "He said he wouldn't eat till you came." He said to Laura as she softly laughs. I rolled my eyes and just put some random food at both of our plates. "You can go now Riker." I said frustratingly.

He finally left right after grabbing a carrot stick or two. The party started picking up as soon as everyone realized I was finally inside getting into it. They were playing music from our new album which Laura seem to enjoy by the looks of her nodding head.

I led her to the living room which was the only place where we could sit down. We cut through a crowd of my relatives that were chatting. They acknowledge my presence as we sat.

"There's the birthday boy." My uncle greeted as everyone now laid eyes on me. There were at least 30 people in the living room, including Vanessa.

"Sorry bout this." I whispered through Laura's ear as we placed our plates on our lap. "Sorry about what?" She smiles.

A short smirk was appealing on my face. "You'll see."

Every little bit of a relationship needs a introduction to the family. There are two types of people. Those who are normal and behave, and then there's my family. The noisy and cool type of people with a lot of tease in their mind. It sorta ran in the family as soon as Riker was born.
"So is this your own Juliet?" My uncle said, sitting just at the arm of the couch beside her. Laura giggled as she shook his hand. "Juliet?" She questions.